• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

An Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Apology

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
It has been brought to my attention that I accidentally ended my Mulan PODM auction an hour earlier than I had written. I think I got mixed up because I have been posting from my phone for days (thus my slow replies to messages and such) and the time change. I know I broke a rule, and I upset some people, so I wanted to apologize! I hope no one is too upset with me. It is very difficult for me to send PMs from my phone, so if any mods need to PM me for any infractions or anything like that, please send them to me if you can or need to!
I'm so very sorry to anyone I upset. I can't imagine how frustrated some of you must be with me! I hope there are no ill feelings :( Please PM me if you are still upset and I would love to see if I can do anything for you :)

I was one of the ones who was shocked to find your auction closed before ending because I wanted to win that Mulan PoDM so badly... but who am I to talk? I just received 1 infraction point on my DPF account for doing the same thing, although my situation is a lot worse and I may even get banned from the marketplace for a little bit. Nonetheless, there's no turning back time now so the best we can do is KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

I got fussed at for the opposite...I kept my Alice in Wonderland auction open an hour LATER than I should have according to a mod because I was trying to be fair since we LOST an hour to Daylight Savings Time. I had said it would be open until 1 PM EST which became 2 PM EDT the day it ended :( So, we all make mistakes.

Lesson to all, don't try to snip a DPF auction and wait till the last minute, or hour in this case.

I am also a bit tired of the annoying moderation of the DPF auction house. It's almost nauseating the constant questioning of poorly written or enforced policies. Also, all the special auctions or weird rules are just confusing. To some extent those can be fun but other times it's just more hassle than it's worth. I'll add it to my list of suggestions to DPF along with outlawwing asking for Paypal as gift which rips all protection away from the buyer. Many online forums with a marketplace outlaw Paypal gifting and I know of at least a few instances on here where it would have saved someone.

Is it against the rules to re-open the thread/ bidding for an hour, and PM everyone who was bidding the day before to tell them youre re-opening it? xD

I like what your saying about paypal. However, what most people don't know or either choose to ignore is that it's against paypal rules to ask the buyer to pay the fees. Which a lot of people do anyway. Not saying it's right or wrong. But someone could report you on paypals end. I have a side business where I use paypal a lot and that is supposed to be a big no no. Most people are not going to want to eat that cost.

Lesson to all, don't try to snip a DPF auction and wait till the last minute, or hour in this case.

I am also a bit tired of the annoying moderation of the DPF auction house. It's almost nauseating the constant questioning of poorly written or enforced policies. Also, all the special auctions or weird rules are just confusing. To some extent those can be fun but other times it's just more hassle than it's worth. I'll add it to my list of suggestions to DPF along with outlawwing asking for Paypal as gift which rips all protection away from the buyer. Many online forums with a marketplace outlaw Paypal gifting and I know of at least a few instances on here where it would have saved someone.

If you take away asking for the money to be sent as a gift people will just figure the fees into the price anyway. The buyer always has the option to pay the extra money instead of paying as a gift. All they have to do is send it regularly including the fee or send the fee extra as a gift once the payment is made. I understand the guarantees that PayPal offers but I do not like charging people extra to pay PayPal fees. That is why I choose the gift option. It is actually the buyers choice though.

Mark, if you have concerns about how DPF auction house runs and the rules and what folks are doing.. Lets make a thread and discuss it as a group there. There are lots of concerns about exactly how auctions run right now, and modifications that need to be made to the rules. As to sales, I ask for gift and tell everyone that the can do it as payment or merchandise or whatever and I will handle the fee's.

We all make mistakes. You could ask the mods for permission to restart the auction. I think i did that once.

Oh I don't want to restart or add time, because I already named a winner and messaged them, and I don't think that would be fair to them either :( I just wanted to get this out in the open! If I hadn't already proclaimed a winner I would have opened it back up for sure :) I suppose I could PM the winner and ask their opinion but I wouldn't want them to feel obligated to let me do it. Grapesoda if you read this I would appreciate your opinion! :)

I don't mean for this to become a discussion about dpf policies and rules, I don't want any trouble! :( Just wanted to say sorry!

Last edited:
I think there should be a timer feature on auctions just like on eBay, or polls. Would stop this from happening. What happens if you can't get online for some reason? Seems pretty unfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back