• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

An open letter to our DPF family about zapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
An open letter to our DPF family about zapping

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Hi everybody :wavey:

As we are getting nearer to the giving season I started thinking about an issue that seems to pop up every now and again. Pin zapping and what is acceptable.

First off, zapping does not have to be pins!!! It can be something as simple as a card to say you are thinking about a member here. I am always amazed that zaps seem to arrive to people when they need a pick me up. I have seen it lots of times!!! You can be creative and makes something for somebody. I love those the most, even more then pins. To me it shows that somebody thought enough of me to spend time making something special for me. I know how precious time is and to give it to somebody else is very valuable!!! Sweets are also a great zap, either home made or store bought. :drool:

Now the main reason for this post. In my opinion a zap is a gift. Once I have given a gift it belongs to the other person and is theirs to do with whatever they please. A gift is meant to bring a moment of joy. If I zap somebody and they can trade it for something they want more then do it. If you need to sell it to pay bills then do it. If you want to sell it to buy something you want more please do it. I do not send zaps and keep track of what you do with them. After I have sent out a zap, I forget about it and move on to the next zap for the next person I want to bring a moment of happiness to.

By the same token, if you send me a zap of a pin from my wants list I ask that you remember my wants list is pins I am looking for to use as traders as well as what we want for one of our collections. I can not guarantee that a pin you have sent me will stay in my collection, but I can promise you that you will have a special place in my heart for thinking enough of us to send us something. Art on the other hand will never leave our collection!!!

So if you might get upset that we might trade, zap or sell(okay so who am I kidding, I don't sell pins very often :lol:) a pin you send, then do us both a favor and don't send it. I never want to hurt anybodies feelings or create any drama.

We love the members of our DPF family and wish every one of you nothing but the best for the rest of this year and all of next year!!!

May you all have the joy of experiencing a zap in the very near future!!!

That is wonderfully well said :) And thanks for all you do around here to spread the holiday zapping cheer :)

:bigthumb:

If I send a gift, I don't care what the other person does with it. Though I find it insanely difficult to part with pins that other people have given me as gifts. (Trades are fair game, though.)

Same feelings here! I never want anyone that I zap to feel like they can't trade it away or sell if they choose - a gift is a gift and whatever happens to the pin is not my business after! I also know that people's likes/wants change over time, so one year you might collect one thing and the next you may be sick of it, so no use feeling upset over what someone keeps or not!

I admit feeling guilty when I receive pins that I end up using as traders though! Mostly because I worry that the person who sent it would be upset if they knew, or doesn't share the same feelings as me about zaps!

Last edited:
I completely agree. Though I do have a hard time trading/selling pins that have been zapped/gifted to me, even if I don't collect that character anymore. However, if you trade/sell/zap something I gave you, I don't mind. It is your pin to do with as you please.

I totally agree, David... though, I have been guilty of passing up a pin that I really wanted, because I was afraid to hurt the zapper's feelings.

Ultimately, there are certain zaps that will NEVER leave my collection... like the Alice in flowers Litho/Pin... that one is my baby.

And art? I've only gotten 1 piece of art (from the AMAZING Hollie), but it will never leave my possession... some things are too precious for something so common as money. :)

David, tell us again if there's any way to know what on your wants list might actually be for YOU? ;)

Be careful what you ask for. My siggy of course is what we want although I need to put a few new pins on it like the WDI Ariel doombuggy pin and if you really want to know what would be on my collections list I do have a master list we made a year or so ago. But I need an email address for that one. :lol: When Darris finishes his database I guess I will have to do 2 accounts one for everything and one for collection wants. No sense in doing it on pinpics since I don't use the new site.

drp4pets@aol.com

:)

Be careful what you ask for. My siggy of course is what we want although I need to put a few new pins on it like the WDI Ariel doombuggy pin and if you really want to know what would be on my collections list I do have a master list we made a year or so ago. But I need an email address for that one. :lol: When Darris finishes his database I guess I will have to do 2 accounts one for everything and one for collection wants. No sense in doing it on pinpics since I don't use the new site.

Alright....that's it....I want all the pins that I zapped you back!!! I expected you to keep them for the rest of your life and to be buried with them. :nono::nono::naughty::naughty::lol::lol: JK

Alright....that's it....I want all the pins that I zapped you back!!! I expected you to keep them for the rest of your life and to be buried with them. :nono::nono::naughty::naughty::lol::lol: JK

Send me a list of what you have sent me and I will get right on that sir. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back