• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

An Unexpected Haul

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Unexpected Haul

Purplemandms

Like the candy!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hello all!

So yesterday, I had the fortune to attend a sci-fi/anime/comic book convention. Typically at these things they have a lot of merchandise for such categories in this GIANT room. And while I was walking through said giant room, to my surprise there was a booth dedicated completely to pins!!!

So of course, I spent a good hour there browsing through things. Honestly, their prices weren't that bad. They had pretty much every nesting doll pin, each for $5, and man was I tempted to just pick up the whole set. Sadly, I didn't have the funds, but I did manage to pick up some really nice Tinks, as well as three of the bird HM chasers and a Queen of Hearts HM I've been looking for! Plus, a really awesome Tink lanyard for $23 total!

tumblr_nmpd3sLbQ01rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

Also pictured is an original sketch I bought from one of my favorite artists, Karen Hallion! I hope to frame it one day, or maybe incorporate it into a pin display. There's also the card of the people pictured above so A) in case I lose their card I have it on that photo, and B) if anyone reading this is looking for the nesting dolls, they have the contact info. I asked, and they said that they didn't do online trading much, but it's worth a shot!

After I make some extra cash this summer, I might hit them up again and see if they still have those nesting dolls. :lol:

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Were you at MegaCon? I see you're from Gainesville. I was in Orlando yesterday as well, but to go to DTD, to Pin Traders. My husband and I talked about going to MegaCon for a second, but we had several things we were trying to accomplish while in Orlando, so that idea quickly got squashed. I've been to MegaCon a couple times, when I lived in Orlando several years ago. Hope you had fun! Congrats on the finds!

Melanie

Were you at MegaCon? I see you're from Gainesville. I was in Orlando yesterday as well, but to go to DTD, to Pin Traders. My husband and I talked about going to MegaCon for a second, but we had several things we were trying to accomplish while in Orlando, so that idea quickly got squashed. I've been to MegaCon a couple times, when I lived in Orlando several years ago. Hope you had fun! Congrats on the finds!

Melanie

I was at MegaCon! I've been to about five conventions now, but this is only my second Mega. As I'm sure you know it does defiantly take up a lot of time.
(But please let me know if you plan on going next year!)
Also, there were a ton of BH6 cosplayers. I suggest that you check facebook/tumblr tags to see photos, because they were awesome.

And thanks everyone! Having the find being unexpected kinda made it even better than it already is. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back