• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Another Dollmageddon post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Dollmageddon post.

mom24k9s

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Sorry to bring this all up again. I just felt the need to rant a little.

So the Cardinals WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! (GO CARDS!!) And yesterday tickets went on sale for the celebration at Busch Stadium. So I'm sitting there at my computer and it felt like Dollmageddon all over again except for one key detail. THE WEBSITE DIDN'T CRASH. The Cardinals have a "virtual waiting room" for situations like this when thousands of people are trying to get tickets at one time. The "waiting" screen refreshes automatically every 30 seconds and then it either lets you on the website or you're back in the waiting room. But they do it that way so only so many people can get on the website at any one time. And I couldn't help but think how useful this setup would have been on Oct 18! I guess ticket sellers probably have that type of problem more often than Disneystore.com. I just wonder how hard it would have been to set up a "waiting room" for one day.

Ok, rant over!

YAY CARDINALS!!!!!!

If it would cost Disney money, don't see it happening anytime soon. They are getting to be the cheapest company around. Even the merchandise is cheaper looking.

I totally agree, they should have set up a waiting room of some sort... It was ridiculous... I had all 5 dolls in my cart but it crashed at checkout... So in the end, 2 hours later, I only ended up getting Tiana :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back