• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Another wrist banded random draw release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another wrist banded random draw release
I live an hour and a half away from dsf, and I made it to every single PTD, usually takes around 3 hours to sell out. Besides they already do surprise releases. And they're fine

Oh, well then people 3 hours away (IDK how long it takes for them to sell out compared to how far people live lol). Also, they do do surprise releases, but the surprise releases consist of Jessica calendars, Stitch St. Patricks Day, and Brave Mother/Father day pins, nothing huge. Can you imagine if they said:

"Surprise, we now have a WiR BT, Who Framed Roger Rabbit BT, NBC BT, and Brave BT available right now"

That surprise release would cause so much trouble and cannot be compared to normal surprise releases. You would have to amplify whatever PTD problems there were 6-8x since you have 4 more pins, all worth substantially more than most of the PTD pins released.

They should not announce the release of any popular characters! (WIR, Tangled, Up, The Little Mermaid). If next week's release didn't have Pascal in the mix, it wouldn't be so hyped up.

They should not announce the release of any popular characters! (WIR, Tangled, Up, The Little Mermaid). If next week's release didn't have Pascal in the mix, it wouldn't be so hyped up.

A part of me thinks this isn't a bad idea but the problem is that since they do have normally 4 pins in a set, if they only had 3 pins announced, everyone would speculate that one of those movies is gonna show up and thus show up for the release. Perhaps they should say what the pins are themed on just not show what the pins look like? I mean, people will show up and buy all the pins regardless, but I think the biggest problem is, as you said, not the pin themselves, but the movies they come from.

There's about 15 people here. Ed said they don't want anyone camping out. Then he said we can hang out in the esplanade if we want. Idk.

There's about 15 people here. Ed said they don't want anyone camping out. Then he said we can hang out in the esplanade if we want. Idk.

.....Why camp out when they have the same probability of getting the pins as those of us showing up in the morning? With the recent violent events in the area, I'd think twice about camping overnight.

Last edited:
.....Why camp out when they have the same probability of getting the pins as those of us showing up in the morning? With the recent violent events in the area, I'd think twice about camping overnight.

Folks are there because they wanted to be sure that IF this was a big release, they would be in that top 200 or so. regardless of which number you draw, if you are in the top 200 you at least get the marquee right?

I don't get the camp out either anymore, unless it's just for hanging out with other DPF members which I do like to do from time to time. All our odds are going to be the same regardless if we show up tonight or tomorrow at 7:30 AM. If anyone want's a set of the four pins hit me up.

Folks are there because they wanted to be sure that IF this was a big release, they would be in that top 200 or so. regardless of which number you draw, if you are in the top 200 you at least get the marquee right?

According to DSF's responses on Facebook:

"every single person in line will receive a wristband, and everyone who has a wristband will draw a voucher, no matter how many people there are."

"All drawn vouchers will have a number on them. #1-150 are guaranteed a full set of pins, #151-250 are guaranteed 2 marquees. #251 and on will be eligible for any pins not purchased by the first 250 vouchered guests."

So it doesn't matter if you're in the first 250. If 398 people show up, they will hand out that many wrist bands and will have that many numbers to draw from out of the hat.

According to DSF's responses on Facebook:

"every single person in line will receive a wristband, and everyone who has a wristband will draw a voucher, no matter how many people there are."

"All drawn vouchers will have a number on them. #1-150 are guaranteed a full set of pins, #151-250 are guaranteed 2 marquees. #251 and on will be eligible for any pins not purchased by the first 250 vouchered guests."

So it doesn't matter if you're in the first 250. If 398 people show up, they will hand out that many wrist bands and will have that many numbers to draw from out of the hat.

**scratches head** Missed the part about as many wirstbands as there are people. I guess I shoulda read it during a less sleepy moment eh?

ok. my arguement is invalidated i suppose.

I'm here because I was already sort of in the area and it makes more sense than driving home and heading back up here at 3 or so. I also think they will cut off wristbands at a certain time. Not number, time.

I'm here because I was already sort of in the area and it makes more sense than driving home and heading back up here at 3 or so. I also think they will cut off wristbands at a certain time. Not number, time.

According to them, they are cutting off wrist band distribution at 8. And it would make no sense to cut off the wrist bands at a certain number. There's no benefit to them by doing that. Just be safe out there in the alley!

Last edited:
Only benefit I see (and it's a small one) is the probability factor. Your odds change the more people draw numbers.

Say you just got there are there are 359 in line. Though statistically improbable, you may not even need to draw, since all 250 could technically have been drawn already. Confusing and not very good odds but that would be the only advantage of being in the first 200 or camping out. Granted makes very little sense.

If they get to number 359. It seems they will only hand out wrist bands for 30 minutes.

30 minutes at DSF may last forever? Remember the Chocolate Box release? She did the entire line in less than 1 minute according to her clock. If you were not in line at X time you were kicked out. She got to wristband 133 in about 4 seconds and this was with talking to each person and checking wristbands. I guess time stays still at DSF?

Surprise releases would only benefit those who live right by DSF or, as previously stated, those who can get there easily. If they did surprise releases, nobody can plan to take off for pins on certain days so really, as soon as they announce a huge release, what will happen is people will bum rush DSF which is dangerous not to mention those that live about 1-2 hours from DSF and have to plan to drive down have no chance so really, surprise releases just make DSF even more exclusive than they already are.

But that’s the point, you can't prep for it. I was there all day for brave SR and it’s not bad because there is no reason to linger like we did for the PTDs because when one sells out a new one pops up. If you come they take your id or whatever you leave there is no “oh we sold out next set now!†it’s Come get your pins and leave. Much better than saying next month we will have a BT no cap in number everyone has a chance so come and get in line, all at the same time at once. That’s going to be far worse than a SR. the brave pin sold out around 3ish I want to say that day was a blur and I was tired. But I take public transportation that takes about 3 hours (one way) if I can make it so can anyone it’s not as crazy as some make it seem. We just have so many drama lamas that like to make things sound far worse than it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back