• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any Info About the Next Pin Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I chose a bad time to head outside for a break and missed the 1:00 Pin Talk and announcement, but I asked when I got back. It has something to do with Disney's award winning movies and will be called something like "Imagination Gala". Hopefully as people get home, they will post more detailed info or even a video (which I am hoping for).

Unfortunately, I chose a bad time to head outside for a break and missed the 1:00 Pin Talk and announcement, but I asked when I got back. It has something to do with Disney's award winning movies and will be called something like "Imagination Gala". Hopefully as people get home, they will post more detailed info or even a video (which I am hoping for).

No dates were given though. They said they were looking in the September time frame again, but nothing was set in stone.

Damn I was so hoping on them releasing the info, I'm planning my Disney vacation for next year right now and a date would really help...theme sounds great...any guesses on when they will set the date?

Yeah there is no date for the next WDW event, but DLR will also be having an event, and its in July. TNBC themed.

Hmmm...both sound really interesting, ESPECIALLY Imagination Gala if that focuses on the award-winning movies. However, I'm curious which "awards" they are focusing on...also, NBC fans will be ecstatic I bet ^_^

Indeed... its probably going to be academy award winners, right?

That wouldn't be bad, it wouldn't easily help limit the movies that they could use if they only wanted Oscar award winning or nominated pins. Specifically it would be pins for LM, BatB, Pocahontas, Pixar films, and WiR :D There are others but I'm just thinking off the top of my head ones I know were in those categories.

That wouldn't be bad, it wouldn't easily help limit the movies that they could use if they only wanted Oscar award winning or nominated pins. Specifically it would be pins for LM, BatB, Pocahontas, Pixar films, and WiR :D There are others but I'm just thinking off the top of my head ones I know were in those categories.

Wait... WiR won an Oscar?

No, it was nominated though and lost to Brave (which I think was stupid). I'm thinking they'd include nominated movies as well though since very few animated Disney films have won Oscars that aren't Pixar.

There were like three awesome movies in that category... :eek:

It would be rather awesome if they included Wreck-it Ralph at the event though. :D KING CANDY PIN MAYBE? Nah, probably not.

I'm guessing by award-winning they pretty much mean all their movies. It's rare for a Disney movie to not win anything even if its a Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award. I'm just hoping they'll do pins with more movie characters and not just a bunch of pins of Mickey holding up a trophy.

I'm guessing by award-winning they pretty much mean all their movies. It's rare for a Disney movie to not win anything even if its a Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award. I'm just hoping they'll do pins with more movie characters and not just a bunch of pins of Mickey holding up a trophy.

I will merrily take bets that there IS a pin of mickey holding up an oscar released next september. lol

Well I'm just guessing the Haunted Mansion event will be in August; as that's the anniversary month. DLR's Mansion was opened on August 9th 1969. Yep.

Don't forget Aladdin, guys!! :D :D :D The name of the event really made me think of Aladdin too... I think it was something along the lines of 'The Imagination Gala: Magic Carpet Event' or soooomething like that? I hope we see some pretty pins from this event! The past 2 events I haven't been crazy about but I'm way excited about this one, plus it might be another excuse to go to WDW again~! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back