• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any of these known to have scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of these known to have scrappers?

jade88

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pin 80882: DSF - Tangled - Pascal

Pin 6861: Walt's Workshop 2001 Disneyana Convention Pin

Pin 6595: 100 Years of Magic - For Whom the Bull Toil (1953)

Pin 6598: 100 Years of Magic - Mickey's Nightmare

I have some particular questions about Pascal, which i bought off of Ebay, i know the rules here- so if someone can pm me that would be cool.

Otherwise, are any of these known to have had scrappers? I've also noticed that some sellers on Ebay use pinpic images for their auction, is this a red flag? Person does have alot of good feedback, only negative is from a shipping dispute.

The rest of these i bought from a guy at a flea market, has only older pins mixied in with a few newer ones. Mostly 2001 era stuff. Probably not a scrap guy eh?

Last edited:
Those all seem pretty safe to me, especially the Pascal. DSFs are rarely if ever faked, and that one would have been impossible. Its not a flat pin, its got a 3D textured surface made out of a non-metallic base (called free-D). Nose around here and you will find some good info about how fakes (scrappers are a different thing entirely) are made. Fakes are made by scanning an image of a flat pin into a computer that can replicate it en-masse. It has to be able to be pressed flat against a scanning surface. This rules out the ability to fake any 3D pin, any pin-on-pin pin, anything with moving parts, anything with a dangle, etc. Pins have to be worth quite a bit (look up Disney gomes or disney auctions masterpiece pin on ebay) and therefore cost effective or worth next to nothing (think small, like hidden mickeys) so they can be made for next to nothing and sold in bulk as park traders.

Never heard of scrappers of the others either, and considering where you got em it sounds fine ^_^

And selling using pinpics images isn't a red flag unless you are trying to red flag laziness. Or someone who sells like 60 individual pins or more a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back