• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any way to tighten up loose diorama pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to tighten up loose diorama pins?

lwrn2

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Well, I have successfully glued pin posts back on, I've never had this problem before. I have two diorama pins whose backs are loose and lean in at an angle--one even moves back and forth:(.

It looks like they are just rivets or bolts attaching the back to the base, not screws, but I thought I'd ask and see if any of you experts know any fixes for these pins?

Thanks for any help!

Laura

Hey, Judy, great idea! I would not have thought of glue--was trying to figure out the metal bolts etc.

NOw I need the step-by-step, please! I'm guessing you hold the pin in the correct position (not leaning) and then run a line of glue in the space where the back and base meet? Is that it?

Thanks!!
Laura

Hi Laura
It has to be the"GLUE"PEN..not the normal one..as the PEN has the smaller tip to get where its needed
a little dab..not around it will do...I use a Scot Towel or a piece of bubble wrap underneath the PIN(to protect it of course)
and hold it still with your hands..glue in one and HOLD the pin in place on a flat surface with the other hand...and it should work
I have had so many I either traded for or bought come that way..I keep Super Glue Pen...on my computer desk
I keep them in business just like Scotch or 3M:)LOL!!And yes what you mentioned is correct

Good Luck..if you need help ..you have my number:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back