• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone else think of about this? Scrapper pin backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think of about this? Scrapper pin backs.

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Anyone else think about this? With each scrapper pin comes a pin back. And they can't be real.

Thus, *DUM DUM DUM*

Scrapper pin backs! (I know, pretty silly)

I've even noticed variations in my mickey head pin backs.

Just a thought. Has this ever come to mind?

- Alex

I've also seen variations in the rubber pin backs, but attributed it to normal differences with different batches made from different years. But I really don't know how much variation has occurred with the official pin backs. :dunno:

Also, I'm not sure how reliable the pin backs would be in spotting scrappers/fakes, as anyone can easily pick up a bulk bag of official pin backs from Disney and use those. Just my two cents.

I agree with JallenWood. Off the rack, I have received many variations of Mickey Backs. Large, small, etc.
Backs are switched too often too. I have over 1000 pins on boards and a huge tupperware container of them and just use them when needed. Someone may have a scrapper on their board, decide to trade it and use a randon mack. Same goes for a real pin, what if they picked the (fake) one and out it on a real pin? I think we still need to go by the pin itself and also not the backing card as anyone can change it to a card. They are also making cards now for many pins.

I completely agree that the pin back should not be used to determine the legitimacy of a pin! It was just something that popped into my head.

They are also making cards now for many pins.

I would like to know more about fake cards. Are we talking about the basic black cards without price tags or do they make special cards as well and fake the tags with SKUs as well?

If so it makes the idea of trading pretty obsolete as there's nothing anymore you can verify the authenticity of the other person's pins with. Also, your own pins lose all trading value the moment they leave the Disney store.

From what I've seen of the fake backer cards, they are printed on crookedly. They were on disney auctions pins if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back