• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone have a Scrapper/Counterfeit Collection ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a Scrapper/Counterfeit Collection ???

QueenBee

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So first I would like to point out I am no expert but I believe in trading only Disney authorized pins, and not flooding the 'market' with otherwise noted pins.

Some of you may have read my intro, I am an new again trader and I am just begining to get back into things. I was recently given a large selection of pins and I believe a have a pile of junk.

Although they might be decent looking knock offs they are most likely not the real deal.

I had a thought, why toss all of these out? Why not create a scrapper/counterfeit collection. Not for show not for trade just for personal satisfaction. Really this collection could get huge, and quickly. It might be a way to find a positive outcome to an unpleasant trade, or purchase. Or even just take on anyone elses 'junk'. Dont get me wrong I dont want to encourage the production of these items, Im just trying to find a way utilize them if they come into my possession, however that may be.

Does anyone else have one of these fun/joke collections??

I have kept the scrappers/fakes that I have gotten, and I keep them separate from the rest of my collection.

This is purely for educational purposes. 1) So that I can more easily tell the difference when I receive a questionable pin, or 2) I can send a picture to someone who asks about a specific pin or pin series.

I also intend to use a few of them as decoration in my scrapbooks (first removing the pin post, of course).

I use and collect other ppl's unwanted scrappers as game prizes for an Autism Walk that my school participates. I also use them as treasure box rewards, and if there are holiday themed ones, I attempt to use those around that time. We've also used them as writing prompts, which some of the kids do enjoy. We then put the pin with their story. :) It turns out really nicely and gives an extra tacking place when displaying our best work.

It seems as if I do have a collection of them and that I unknowingly add to it everytime I trade at the park! :lol:

I like to break off the posts, glue a magnet on the back, and use them for magnets on the fridge.

My girls got a couple yesterday but amazingly they already had the real pin in their collection so I'm keeping those to help teach them and my niece about fakes. The others we've gotten have become pins for their American Girl dolls or I break the post off and they use them for whatever.

Having had a collection of tacky Marilyn Monroe collectibles when I was younger, I think a scrapper collection would be fun. I'd use a black Sharpie to mark the back in case one got lost, though. Then whomever finds it can't easily trade it and let it back into the wild again.

It seems as if I do have a collection of them and that I unknowingly add to it everytime I trade at the park! :lol:

lol...well said.. we had our own collection of the CM traded fakes... so much fun ....jk but u can learn fast that way... i know just have my one fake jack candy corn... That i know of.... Im sure we may have 1 or 2 that we dont know are bad....they would b from CM trades also but have to b good cuz we try to check first now.. I for one think ppl have lots of fun things to do with th ebad pins.. #1 thing is make sure they can necer come back.... Some ppl take the post off...and sum put a black X... goal is to just get them out of the hobbie... oh i hope u didnt pay much for the lot... and if u need help looking at them...lots of ppl here will help..
good luck
KT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back