• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone have issues with shipping pins you traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have issues with shipping pins you traded?

NChouser

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I bought a pin and the person sent it out right away :) last Saturday the 7th

I checked the tracking and it shows it has not moved out of Cali.... How long should I wait before contacting the USPS? I know these updates are not always accurate and the pin could be sitting at my house right now but I spent a good amount of money on the pin so I am getting worried.... Thanks for reading!

Being honest, USPS shipping tracking is horrible! Never has it been accurate for me! It either says that my package can't be tracked or that it's still in the US when the next day it's with me. So in my opinion, I wouldn't worry about it.

I did a trade with someone from FL a few months ago,I'm from NY and it took two week to arrive. The pin went from Fl to NJ to NY to be delivered then to TX (yes texas) to NC back to NJ and finally delivered to NY. I didn't think it was going to make it but it finally did and nowhere on the package was any other stickers or delivery address but mine.

^That's crazy! I've things like that happen with USPS too. Boggles my mind how that can happen!

Yes, I've had 2 lots of pins go missing on their way from US - me in the UK. Over a month of waiting and nothing! One I sent to the US went missing but finally showed up after a month. I've even had Uk - UK stuff take a long time/go missing. Really puts a downer on things and makes me nervous of trading.

USPS has never been 100% accurate for me either,everytime it has tracked it so far and then been stuck some place but I have always received pins :)

I have thus far not had a problem with USA tracking. Occasionally, one of the various DC's during the trip will forget to scan it. However, a WEEK for a USA package to reach a USA destination is unusual. Most of the time my USA packages make it to the destination withing 3-5 days as planned, heck, sometimes 2 days.

USPS in general... definatly had some problems. But mostly it's just someone who has not been trained properly, OR someone being lazy at a stopping point. I would go ahead and contact them about the fact that ithas yet to change location, or reached its destination. USPS tracking is supposed to be first call 3-5 day. not 1-2 weeks.

did u ever get it? you never said and how long. usps will sometimes not show movement, which i dont get b/c they are supposed to be scanned at every stop or change. i have had numerous problems. on time a pin from tampa just sat there for over 2 weeks and then showed up at my mailbox without ever showing any movement. Remember when we were kids and the mailman was the most trusted and reliable person in you town.

Yes, I've had 2 lots of pins go missing on their way from US - me in the UK. Over a month of waiting and nothing! One I sent to the US went missing but finally showed up after a month. I've even had Uk - UK stuff take a long time/go missing. Really puts a downer on things and makes me nervous of trading.

I had that happen to me too. Agreed to do a trade with a member in the UK in June, and we both mailed our pins out...and neither of us received our pins! Guessing maybe they got stuck in customs, but still, it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back