• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone recognize this Mickey pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone recognize this Mickey pin?

CrashMyParty

One Dynamite Gal
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Hi all,
So, I traded for this pin a few years ago as I was heading out of Epcot (WDW) late at night. Back then I was very un-knowledgeable about pins, and the cast member I traded with said that the person who traded it to them said it was from Japan and was rare and special etc., hence I traded for it. I've been trying to find it on Pinpics but I can't. Recently, I thought it might be a scrapper because I didn't own any other pins with a back that looks like this one's (see below) and just says (Copyright) Disney. Then, I bought the GWP Snow White pin (8416) and it had a similar back. I had no reason to think this pin was a fake, so now I turn to you guys. If anyone has this, has seen this or can find this pin on picpins, it would be most appreciated. :)
Thanks,
Caroline

Pictures:
IMG_0013-1.jpg

(As you can see the enamel is cracked)
IMG_0012.jpg

Looks legit to me, just older. It also may be that no one has added it to pinpics yet. Looks like you may be the first, but check with Judy (TiggerMickey) first as she is the "find the pin guru"!

Vicki

[pinpics]7734[/pinpics] This isn't the pin you have, but the style seems fairly similar. It does look to me like pins that they used to have during the 80's and 90's, with the epoxy coating and the backstamps from that era were simple like yours.

[pinpics]7734[/pinpics] This isn't the pin you have, but the style seems fairly similar. It does look to me like pins that they used to have during the 80's and 90's, with the epoxy coating and the backstamps from that era were simple like yours.
I did come across this pin when I was searching. Did they have sets in the 80s/90s? It looks like these two could have been in the same one.

Never seen that exact one, but I saw a Minnie that was similar about a year back. That time period had that waffle pattern on the back.

Very reassuring comments :) Another question: Does the cracking in the epoxy coating (obviously this one has some major cracking, however no bits of epoxy have actually fallen off) decrease the value of the pin? (Keeping in mind it is an older pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back