• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are all of the pins that you have possibly for trade, for the right pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all of the pins that you have possibly for trade, for the right pin?

UFGators1234

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here's my predicament. All of the pins I have are for trade, except for the HG pins that I have obtained. What I would like to know is, how does it work for all of you? Do you have pins that you definitely say "this is 100% not for trade" even though it may not be a HG of yours?

I keep all my pins on my trades, and the only 2 that aren't are the HG pins I have traded for. I do this becuase basically if the offer is right, I will be willing to trade any pin for a HG pin I am after.

Let me here your thoughts on the subject, and let me know is this a normal trading practice? Maybe it's becuase it's hard for me to stick to a specific theme, and I am all over the place with pins I have.

I'd like some opinions.

Every pin I have is up for trades. Though, some I value more than others and will be harder for me to let go.

There's always a pin I'm looking for, like a holy grail, so if I have to trade a previous grail to get the new grail I think that's fine. In other words, nothing's off limits :)

And it's not like I've seen every pin and I know exactly which pins I like either so I'm always keeping a lookout.

Well, for me, there are a lot of factors. Like, how did I obtain the pin? My son and daughter have traded for pins in the park and then brought it to me and said "I traded for this pin because I thought you would like it.". I don't care if it is a 50 cent pin, I am keeping it. Otherwise, I have two factors. One - do I love the pin that I could potentially get more than the one I have to give up and Two - is the pin I am giving up easily obtainable (like could I get another one if I really wanted to).

However, this is an interesting topic!

I love my princess pins so much though! D:

So, I say no. I buy traders to be traders. Once a pin joins my collection it doesn't leave. Atleast for now. :3

While there some pins in my collection, I am willing to trade, it is only a very, very small minority of my collection. It's usually something I have traded off a cast lanyard such as a character pin that I think is cute, but is not one of my "collections."

All our pins on our trades list is for trade. There are some harder to get pins there, which we use to try and get our grails. The pins in our collections, are just that, "in our collections." We wouldn't switch them out for the world! I heard somewhere that "more is better!"

I have several collections but the pins that are listed in my traders are the ones I will trade. If the right pin comes along I might be willing to let go of a few pins in my collection but that would have to be for a very special and hard to find pin. My pin collections remind me of my trips to disney so I really would have a hard time giving any of those pins up.

When I first started buying pins a few years ago (2007 I think), I only purchased pins that I wanted (mainly Chip and Dale). At the time it never occurred to me to trade any of them. If I saw a pin I liked on a CM lanyard, I would literally run to the nearest store, purchase a pin, and then trade. So as of right now literally 95% of my pins are keepers, and most of them I obtained via ebay or parks because I know I don't have any traders for the pins i'm looking for.

I'm slowly looking to purchase traders for the sake of trading, but other than that the pins I went out and bought years ago were because I liked them. For the moment anyway I have no intention of trading them, although if some amazingly awesome Tangled pin came out I might be saying otherwise :lol:

In person, all my pins are available for trade for the right offer. I'd previously used this same policy on pinpics, but recently decided to remove the pins I consider to be part of my main collection (and don't really want to trade unless the offer's really good), from my "Trades" to my "Owned" list. I was just getting too many offers for the stuff I was least interested in trading, none of which were offers I would really consider to be "the right offer", so I decided to take them off the table entirely.

-JD

My traders are my traders and my keepers are my keepers. Sure, in extremely rare instances I have traded out of my collection, but I wasn't really happy about it and I kind of felt invaded when the person went scrolling through my collection for their wants. I mean, yeah, in theory I would trade some of my keepers for something I really really wanted but for that to happen -

1) It would have to be the "right offer" - a.k.a. A trade way in my favor, which, at that point I'm not sure I would feel right about that anyways and
2) I would have to feel that I could replace the pin in my collection somewhat easily.

If it isn't on my trades list it is because I like it. I periodically move pins out of my collection onto my trades, but it usually isn't the pins that people would really be after anyways...

I have my collection, which stays on my cork board and frame. These are not listed as traders and do not travel to the park with me and I wouldnt consider trading them. And then there are those that are in pin limbo...pins that I will trade but are almost part of my collection...if that makes any sense. And then I have my traders. So the long short of it is not all my pins are for trade.

iamdisneydan started a thread along these lines to try and prove that there was no such thing as a true "keeper". Our response here will be similar to the one we made there.

Currently our owns list consists of pins that are keepers...but for Debby, every pin is a potential trader if the right pin should come along. For me, all of my Jessicas are keepers (the ones on our trades list are all duplicates)...I even have them listed under a separate PinPics ID. BUT, if the right hard to find pin came along and I could replace the one I traded easier than obtain the one I would get, I would trade them!!

my traders are only traders that i am gladly willing to trade for the right pins. all my collection are keepers and will not be for trade! i keep both listed separately!

My "own" list include my traders because if there was a good enough offer, I think I would sell or (trade) any of them. I do have a few that I wouldn't sell but I don't have them listed period.

When I was making my Pinpic "OWN" list I kept thinking - Would I sell or trade this pin? and the answer was usually "yes". My main problem now is taking time to keep them updated, plus there are many I have not even listed yet...

My traders are my traders and my keepers are my keepers. Sure, in extremely rare instances I have traded out of my collection, but I wasn't really happy about it and I kind of felt invaded when the person went scrolling through my collection for their wants. I mean, yeah, in theory I would trade some of my keepers for something I really really wanted but for that to happen -

1) It would have to be the "right offer" - a.k.a. A trade way in my favor, which, at that point I'm not sure I would feel right about that anyways and
2) I would have to feel that I could replace the pin in my collection somewhat easily.

If it isn't on my trades list it is because I like it. I periodically move pins out of my collection onto my trades, but it usually isn't the pins that people would really be after anyways...

This.

EDIT: To expand a little, one of the reasons I don't put my keepers on my Trades list is that I really, really hate telling people "No, not that one" over and over because they're picking Keepers. Refusing a trade once is bad enough, but to keep saying "no" just makes both of us feel bad.

If it's not likely I'll trade it, it stays off the list. If an extreme case comes up, then I can weigh that option when it appears.

For the record, I've never traded from my Collection, and the few times I traded "keepers" (when I was a newbie and carried keepers and traders all around together), I always regretted it.

I might eventually move a pin from my Collection to my Trades list, but I make that decision beforehand, so they're not Keepers anymore. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back