• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL Are these pins considered Grail Pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAIL Are these pins considered Grail Pins?

Iyainwonderland

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!!!

You guys have been so helpful in regards to my beast pin... which I am still searching for some sort of value, haha.

What makes a grail pin... a grail pin? Is it the rarity??

Here are some others that I would love some input on. I am headed to Disney either for Halloween weekend, or for my birthday in December.

Here are the pins:

http://pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=3793&t=o

http://pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=6404&t=o

http://pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=4154&t=o

Any feedback is appreciated!!

Last edited:
Hello again, :3

You have some awesome pins, let me tell you. :p

I personal don't think rarity matters with grail pins, grails should be unique to each person and everyone has different reasons for having certain pins on their grail list. It might be sentimental, their favorite character, or in some cases, rare. :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I personal don't think rarity matters with grail pins, grails should be unique to each person and everyone has different reasons for having certain pins on their grail list. It might be sentimental, their favorite character, or in some cases, rare. :p

I agree with you!! There are some pins that mean more to others for different reasons... And thank you so much!! My mom pulled them out of her garage when she saw that I started collecting/trading/selling again haha!

I looked on pinpics and nearly fell out of my chair on how many want these pins and how many people are trading them... So crazy!

I wouldn't call them grail pins... but if you are trading I would be interested in the sleeping beauty animals pin. These are pretty awesome pins though.

Those are beautiful pins! It depends on the person whether they would be a grail, for some they might definitely be.

If you're trading those mice.. I'm very interested :)

To the right person they could be a grail. Your SB owl in Philip's coat made me smile for sure.

I wouldn't call them grail pins... but if you are trading I would be interested in the sleeping beauty animals pin. These are pretty awesome pins though.
I LOVE that pin... It's big for pins that were early 2000, and I just don't know what I would trade it for... I'm leaning more towards selling it to pay for part of my next Disney trip haha!

Those are beautiful pins! It depends on the person whether they would be a grail, for some they might definitely be.

If you're trading those mice.. I'm very interested :)
I don't know what I would trade for them!! I just got back into trading and it's so daunting because there are SOOOO many pins out there...

Feel free to message me and see what we might be able to work out! <3

I think it usually depends on the person rather than rarity. But that may just be me ^^;.

Gorgeous pins by the way :)
Thank you! And I love seeing these cool Grail Signatures that everyone has! I can't seem to get my Signature to show up!! Maybe it's too big..

Generally speaking, there's sort of two definitions for "Grail" in the pin community (especially a few years back). There was YOUR grail, which was the pin you wanted most. Might or might not be rare, you just wanted it badly. Then there were THE Grails, which were pins in the community that were considered the toughest of the toughest to find, then acquire. Those were things like the Raven, Mickey for President, a bunch of the DA pins, etc.

The second definition has fallen out of use somewhat because of just how many pins there are now, and how many of them get to that HTF & expensive bracket (and how quickly that bracket changes).

For me, personally, a grail is hard for me to find (I might see it once a year on eBay, if I'm lucky), it's most likely expensive due to rarity, and I really want it (and probably have wanted it for a long time). Most of my remaining grails have been on my Pinpics account since I created it (2007ish). But that just tends to be how mine work out...I think the quality of just "wanting it really badly" works as a definition. :)

As for your pins...I'm sorry, I have no idea, they're not in my wheelhouse!

Generally speaking, there's sort of two definitions for "Grail" in the pin community (especially a few years back). There was YOUR grail, which was the pin you wanted most. Might or might not be rare, you just wanted it badly. Then there were THE Grails, which were pins in the community that were considered the toughest of the toughest to find, then acquire. Those were things like the Raven, Mickey for President, a bunch of the DA pins, etc.

The second definition has fallen out of use somewhat because of just how many pins there are now, and how many of them get to that HTF & expensive bracket (and how quickly that bracket changes).

How interesting! I've only been into pins for a year and a half-ish, and never knew about that second definition above. Love learning things like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back