• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are you flippin kidding me????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you flippin kidding me????
As a fellow collector stated one day when someone was trying to impress her on how much their pin was going for on Ebay, "They can ask ANY price they want; its what they ACTUALLY sell it for the Counts." :)

Same thing with this pin:
Pin 32409: WDW - A Family Pin Gathering - Jumbo Frame Set-A Magical Gathering Scrapbook ( Ariel)

It's an LE15! Don't think that one is ever going to reach anyone's collection anytime soon without paying a mint. :(

I dunno.....I see the same sellers trying to sell the same pins on ebay ALL the time for way more than anyone is going to pay. I really don't understand how they can keep listing the same pin for so long. o_o

I once made an offer to one of said sellers thinking they might want to get rid of it for a reasonable price so they didn't have to pay the fees. He told me that the listings were free. I guess they are hoping someone will get desperate and buy it.

I once made an offer to one of said sellers thinking they might want to get rid of it for a reasonable price so they didn't have to pay the fees. He told me that the listings were free. I guess they are hoping someone will get desperate and buy it.

Oh wow, they are free? No wonder. I guess all they need to do is wait for that one desperate collector with the money to burn. Not going to be me I tell ya.

Ebay usually has specials where it will be free to list items for free for like 2 weeks at a time . . . I have also never paid more than $30 for a pin - not sure if I ever will. I may love the pin but it probably isnt worth it. My holy grail is a dumbo happy mothers day pin from 2003. It is the only pin that I when I saw it made me cry. It's listed on ebay for $80 and it stays on my watch list but I just can't even think about going through with buying it. I really hope some day I will be able to add it to my collection but that is not the way I want to do it.

... a 400 dollar pin simbanino?!?!?! (inside joke)

Yea, I don't think it's too crazy- but maybe a tad crazy. I'd expect more in the 350-450 range

lol, i don't think i would ever sell a pin for that much when i only pay 5 dollars for it when it went on sale, i might trade it for something very nice like this pin that is my most wanted of them all(Pin 30830) but i don't have it in me to ask that much money for a pin, because there is not pin trading fun, on making that amount of money out of pins(no disrespects to anybody selling pins, is just how i like to keep pin trading for myself). because then to me, it would become a business and is just a hobby to me. :):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back