• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ashton Drake FROZEN Singing Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashton Drake FROZEN Singing Dolls

Frozen_Jane

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
http://www.ashtondrake.com/products/914038_disney-frozen-singing-doll-collection.html

Okay I lost where I posted about this but we were discussing these dolls.

Anyway just wanted to say if anyone ordered them, log in and check on your order. I did and there was no order found in my history :/

Seems there was some kind of issue with my card and/or address. Instead of telling me, they just cancelled my order! I'd have never even known if I hadn't logged in myself to check on it. Not even a 'please contact us' email.

Anyway I had to reorder and now get to wait ANOTHER 4-6 weeks for it to ship. (Was just 6 weeks tomorrow from my original order date grrrr)

I did manage to find out that there will be only THREE dolls in this 'collection'. Still no confirmation as to who the other two will be but they seemed to think it would be 3 different characters and not three versions of Elsa.

So that gives us SQ Elsa (as pictured)
(hopefully) Coronation Anna
and ????

Not likely a male since they don't seem to do that (ok Prince WIlliam, but uh creepy)

So..... who?

Cool, I didn't know about these. Is that a CGI rendering or is that the actual doll? Their other doll pictures look like they are of the actual doll, but somehow this one doesn't.

This is a stock image of the original motion picture art. The final product will not look as true to the character as portrayed in the entertainment media. I emailed the company a while back, and they confirmed that it is their policy not to offer production photos on their website.

Also, it appears that the original July release date has been pushed back 1-2 months.

Yeah she said no photos available yet, but that the first one would be SQ Elsa and there would be total 3 dolls. She said the item is 'backordered' right now so I guess the manufacturer didn't meet the original deadline. Just annoying as I have to wait even longer if the backordered ones will go to people who ordered when I first did but whose orders were NOT cancelled.

Update: So I reordered but it wouldn't let me use a foreign billing address (even though I am shipping in the US

So bad luck if you live outside any delivery zone or want to buy as a gift for anyone in the US.

Of course the EU/UK/AU prices are higher for this reason

Yeah she said no photos available yet, but that the first one would be SQ Elsa and there would be total 3 dolls. She said the item is 'backordered' right now so I guess the manufacturer didn't meet the original deadline. Just annoying as I have to wait even longer if the backordered ones will go to people who ordered when I first did but whose orders were NOT cancelled.

Update: So I reordered but it wouldn't let me use a foreign billing address (even though I am shipping in the US

So bad luck if you live outside any delivery zone or want to buy as a gift for anyone in the US.

Of course the EU/UK/AU prices are higher for this reason

Did the doll ever come in for you yet, or are you still waiting on it to arrive?

I broke down and ordered the doll the end of June as I'm pretty desperate for a collectible quality SQ Elsa, and the description has a lot of good details. My order status indicates "will ship on 9/24." I'm hoping that means they are getting the quality control right on this doll and not letting an inferior product go out just to meet a deadline (fingers crossed). I think the doll is overpriced for not being LE, but maybe I'll change my mind when I see her. If not, SQ or not, I'll ship her back. Although, money back guarantees make me nervous. I'm skeptical about the doll as most of the Ashton Drake dolls face sculpts don't appeal to me. I think the clothes seem to turn out well in photes, but normally I'd rather spend that kind of cash on a Tonner or Pullip doll (if no Disney LE's are out there). I think Tiana was the only princess they did truly well, but I'm not enough of a fan of the character to get her since there a ton of other dolls on my wish list in that price range.

Does anyone here have any of the Ashton Drake Disney princesses? If so, please share photos and/or opinions.

I have the singing Ariel & Cinderella. I really like Cinderella and Ariel is OK, but neither has a face that really resembles the character. I prefer Cinderella because she "sings" lyrics as well as background music (song is "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"). Ariel just plays background music to "Part of Your World"--or what sounds like a slightly-off, public domain version of it. Both of them have nice layered dresses and are very solid/heavy dolls (which come with stands) but the DS dolls are much more impressive overall.

Wow, didn't even know these existed. I may have to seriously think about getting her. Especially since they have a very nice payment plan!

They should call them statues. Dolls are mostly posable. Statues are not.

From what I understand, these are able to be posed. I think they have wire frames instead of joints, but I don't own one of these dolls. They say they're articulated on the website.

They are poseable to a certain extent but not fully articulated (one arm is bent to hold their special item (Cinderella is holding a slipper) and the other is straight). They don't have joints at the elbows or knees iirc. I haven't noticed any difference in their head movement compared to Barbie/DS dolls. Their bodies (minus limbs and head) are soft/cushion-y like old-school baby dolls.

Looks like they just cancelled my order with no email/notification. Guess I won't be doing business with Ashton Drake ever again.

Shame because my mother collected their stuff for years.

Going to try for the 17in FF dolls instead

Yep they definitely cancelled it. My doll was supposed to ship by now.

Oh well, Disney can have that money now.

Anyone order this and had it ship yet?

Mine still shows with a ship date of 9/24. Can you login and check the status? It seems strange they would jerk you around like that, but I have to say I am less than impressed with their customer service. Because of their payment plan I also ended up ordering The Contessa Bride Doll and the ship dates were all over the place. For what they charge you'd think they'd be more professional and better organized. I really don't have a good feeling about the doll, and I ordered before we knew Disney was releasing the SQ version of Elsa with the Heroes Villains set. If I'd known, I would have waited on this doll and likely not have gotten it at all. I don't think I'd be too upset if they cancelled my order. I think the doll is overpriced and I can't see it holding value. I'll post pics if mine ever gets here. I bet you'll have a pretty easy time ordering it when it's in stock if you decide you want it.

They had issues with my billing address the first time around (I'm using a foreign card) So I may just try for a SQ Elsa and Hans, especially if we might get a Coro Anna/Hans in the next wave of HAV sets...

It's not so much the cancelling that annoyed me, but the zero communication. I only knew by logging in to check (yes you can)

Yeah, I can understand that. The Contessa Bride doll was my first order (processed and rec'd) and I have to say I was pretty unhappy with the communication. The ship dates were all wrong. To make matters worse they kept sending me emails with the subject indicating it was regarding my recent order of The Contessa Bride Doll, but it turned out to all be advertisements. The only way they were related to my order was that they thought I'd be interested in another one of their products because I ordered The Contessa Bride Doll. The products wouldn't even have anything to do with the series of doll I ordered, like their baby dolls. They would send several of these emails a day.

When I ordered Elsa the website said she'd ship 7/9 and my confirmation email had something around that date. I didn't find out about the 9/24 ship date until I checked my order status. There was never any communication to indicate they had the wrong on the website and in the emails. I have been really tempted to go ahead and cancel my order, but I am interested to see what the doll looks like in person. I've already half decided to return it. It'll really have to be impressive for me to keep it. Still, I don't like being out the shipping and I expect a huge problem with returning it based on current experience with them. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

I just thought I'd update this for this anyone interested... I received a postcard today from Ashton Drake indicating my order for Elsa had been cancelled "due to unforeseen delays." Basically, they indicate they will not be able to ship my order until 11/23, so they automatically canceled it. If I want to reinstate the order I have to return the post card, or call their 24 hour reinstatement line by 10/24. Seriously, they need to have one of those? At least they sent something to indicate the change, even if it was a bit antiquated. Too bad carrier pigeons aren't around anymore. BTW my order was scheduled to ship this Thursday 9/24, over 2 and half months after the date the website and confirmation email indicated it would ship when I placed the order. They never sent notice of that change.

I'm actually glad the order was canceled. I had thought about doing it, but figured it'd be more of a headache than was worth and I wanted to see the doll in person, so I might as well see what the doll looked like in person and then return it if I didn't like it. This was technically my first order with them, I received one I placed after it, and was not at all happy with the experience. I won't be ordering directly from them again in the future. Most their dolls can be found on Ebay and other doll selling websites if there's one that I find can't live without. I see no reason to ever pre-order something from them again, nor order directly from them.

Thanks, Elphaba. I'm honestly not too upset over it. These things happen. I just mostly wanted to share my experience in case anyone was still thinking about the doll, or had ordered her too, and I thought the customer service was fairly poor. I have a feeling she won't be too hard to get later if anyone really wants the doll. It actually worked out pretty well for me since I placed the order before we knew the SQ Elsa was going to be part of the Heroes/Villains designer release. I really wanted a collectible SQ since that's the iconic look for Elsa. The biggest reason I didn't cancel my order before now had a lot to do with the payment plan. It made it seem worth seeing the doll, but I'm much better off without spending even the monthly payments right now (way too many upcoming dolls and other expenses). Also, it was to ship the day before my birthday, so I kind of thought it might be a good present to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back