• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

attending first pin event tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
attending first pin event tips

Disneydan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi all!

I will most likely be attending the event on June 15th in NJ as I will be in the area on business.

This will be my first actual experience with pin trading.

What can i expect? Can i buy pins there? I only have about 11 pins and I don't really think I want to trade them :/

I am looking for some general feedback and tips for a first timer :)

Thanks!

Dan

I would recommend only bringing one bag and move around.

Do more observing and talking..than staying in one place. That will give you an idea of what kind of trading is going on, and allow you to get a feel for the room. Also gives you more of an opportunity to make a new friend.

I have found the "regulars" have a habit of getting a table and not moving. If you don't move -you shall never meet!

Also -go with your gut. If the trade doesn't feel right -passing on the trade is okay. Sometimes the newbies get targeted as "Fresh Meat" - so if it feels lopsided, no one will fault you for declining the trade.

Most of all....have FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back