• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

auction extensions

auction extensions

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
So with the site being down for days off and on are the auctions going to be extended? It only seems fair. Or maybe just halt them until we are sure the site is stable.

I think something absolutely needs to be done about the auctions, but I'm not sure an extension would be the best route. I mean, auctioneers set their auctions to end at a specific time when they think they will have the most people available to bid, generally. And adding two days (or the exact number of hours the site was down for) to the auction wouldn't necessarily have them end at an ideal time. Furthermore, since auction posts can't be edited, people are likely to get confused about ending time and miss it. I think it would be more fair to just cancel all auctions that ran during the site downtime and allow auctioneers to rerun.

Also, since the site downtime was due to the server moving, which had to be planned in advance... why wasn't there any notification about it so that people could plan auctions accordingly? Even if the site wasn't expected to crash this badly, I think some amount of downtime had to be anticipated.

When did the site start going down/transferring? I had an auction due to end on Thursday evening at 9 PM PST (Midnight EST) and when I tried to log in on Friday morning, it was down? I copied the thread last time it was up, so I could look at bids, but now that someone has posted this, I do not know if I should give the top bidders a chance to adjust their bids, etc?

I also want to do a new auction, but want to wait until the drops are done. Are we to that point?

excellent question David, As of right now, we will confir amongst the PTB, I would suggest closing and restarting, unless a winner was declared, I would say<plz dont quote me as gospel here,>shut it down and restart,

Please bear in mind these two things,
A>your previous winning bid<S> is null and void if you do this,
B> anyone bidding on your auction may not be around for a while, I almost missed this restart of the site myself. so do not expect an auction to take back off again,

That said, I would suggest a restart, unless a winner was declared before blackout happened.

We have had several members who merely asked to extend thier auctions, this was granted to those that asked to allow for the full time, if you choose to restart please let a Mod know so that if we get a closed early report we are aware of why?
Thank you for your cooperation,

Back