• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Be Wary of This Seller, My Heart is Broken over 17" LE Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Wary of This Seller, My Heart is Broken over 17" LE Alice

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Please delete :( I think the purpose of this post was misunderstood. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I guess I'm just a little to upset to convey what I'm trying to convey.

Last edited:
Honestly, that sounds like a scam. :/ Some ebay sellers are so sketchy!! I will keep a lookout for you!! I am sure you will find one!

Yeh i would take it as a blessing in disguise....if they are this way BEFORE they have your money what about after? That name sounds so familiar to me??? Cant say why. Gee wiz try not to get overwhellemed. You need to remove stress from your life....negative friends or lovers or a horroble job....remove them.Just one negative person our of your day can change everything.

I'm so sorry this happened just when you needed something good in your life. I can completely relate to the situation you're in right now. Last term was just like that for me. I hope you're doing alright sweetie! I know we don't really know each other but if you want somebody to talk to I'm always willing to listen. Or if there is anything else I can do just let me know.

Oh dear, I am so sorry! :( Alice is beautiful, but if you have her you'll want to have good memories about it... I had this happen to me around Christmastime with some Designer Princesses... luckily I snagged an even better deal yesterday for one of them (fingers crossed!!), so I know you'll find a good price from a lovely seller one day! :) And when you DO get her, you'll feel even more awesome! ^_^ Best of luck, I'll be keeping an eye out for you! <3

I am sorry this happened but the seller does not seem shady to me. You offered the person $300 and then asked them to wait a few days for payment. And since you did not have an ebay transaction the seller has no kind of guarantee from you that you are going to go through with the deal.
You were better to offer the $300 and pay right away rather then asking them to wait. They may have needed the money quicker and had another solid offer and quick payment.

It just wasn't meant to be this time. You will get it though, don't worry. :wiggle:

Last edited:
Well the agreed to hold the doll for a few days, and then quickly backed out. That seems shady, or at least very rude to me. They should have been honest about needing the funds sooner if they really needed it, you know what I mean? I would have appreciated just a message of what was going on/going to happen so it wasn't such a shock. One day really isn't a lot of time! It just isn't good selling practice :(

Thank you for the encouragement though. I hope I will get her someday! I just can't afford the crazy eBay prices, especially with all of these vet bills and my college tuition. So this was my "light of hope" I guess. >.<

I am sorry this happened but the seller does not seem shady to me. You offered the person $300 and then asked them to wait a few days for payment. And since you did not have an ebay transaction the seller has no kind of guarantee from you that you are going to go through with the deal.
You were better to offer the $300 and pay right away rather then asking them to wait. They may have needed the money quicker and had another solid offer and quick payment.

It just wasn't meant to be this time. You will get it though, don't worry. :wiggle:

Im with you on that. I sell on ebay a lot. I have had the same thing happen to me a few times. I something that does not sell. I'll get a email. Please will you take my offer. By the way I can pay in a few day. Ok I'll take it a week goes by ill email. Nothing ..then I'll get a email I found a better deal. What I hate to most is when this happen and I do make a deal then they do pay I ship it they get a repost it on ebay for more money. I get it but they email me 1st say they don't have much money it my birthday will you sell it to me for what ever price. I'm good person fell bad and do then that re sell it on ebay for more.

I am sorry about what happened to you but I agree with Karkura. I think from the seller's point of view they could argue that they messages you at a reasonable time of time and that if you really wanted the doll would have replied straight away or made an effort to reply straight away. It was also curtious of them to even ask you what your thoughts were prior to accepting the other offer and who knows they probably got a better offer from someone that could pay up front.

I just don't think it is fair to post a thread like this on a seller that cannot defend themselves especially since you are in an upset state of mind. So no I do not believe the seller was being shady as there was no contractual obligation for them to hold the item for you and they technically did what you asked them to do.

I do feel bad for you though and understand your distraught feeling as stuff like this has happened to me as well when I was completing my collection and please don't think that my comment above was against you or anything as I know what it is like to have something like that happen, I just know that most people that do so end up regretting it afterwards when they have cooled down. Good luck with your search though, ill keep an eye out on ebay for you too! I really hope your luck changes and you manage to find her at a reasonable price!

Well the agreed to hold the doll for a few days, and then quickly backed out. That seems shady, or at least very rude to me. They should have been honest about needing the funds sooner if they really needed it, you know what I mean? I would have appreciated just a message of what was going on/going to happen so it wasn't such a shock. One day really isn't a lot of time! It just isn't good selling practice :(

Thank you for the encouragement though. I hope I will get her someday! I just can't afford the crazy eBay prices, especially with all of these vet bills and my college tuition. So this was my "light of hope" I guess. >.<

I see exactly where you're coming from....the wonderful seller I dealt with on ebay knew my situation -- I wanted her Snow but had to wait for tax refund money to arrive. But seeing as we had done business before and how badly I wanted the doll, she allowed me to "Buy it Now" and let me pay, 2 weeks later! How sweet is that?! She told me if I had to bacj out, no big deal and no hard feelings. Too few buyers like this out there!!!! I would feel exactly the same way you do :( But you will get another good deal from the right seller!!!! :)

I'm sorry, but I did reply in a reasonable amount of time. I think expecting a reply from me in 12 hours is unreasonable. I did make an effort to pay for it right away, but that is when they said they accepted the other offer.
I was just trying to warn people because as a seller with over 400 transactions, I find this kind of activity to be rude and suspicious. I will edit and delete the contents of the post to avoid further upsetting of members. Sorry for any trouble I caused, I won't make warning posts in the future :(

Just Remember people it's just a doll it's not the end of the world..yes it's a fun hubby to be end. It just a hubby that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back