• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Because costuming just wasn't enough of a hobby, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because costuming just wasn't enough of a hobby, I guess?

SewingRaisin

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all!
So I've been a fan of pins forever and Disney pins for years, but only recently started looking into the pin trading scene and the rabbit hole of gorgeous, gorgeous LE's. I visit Disneyland as often as I can, and I'm loving the excuse to trek to all the pin boards and talk to collectors! I've encountered some really generous and supportive traders and some utterly beautiful collections. It's a fun new facet of the Disney community to explore, and I'm excited to learn more!

But my main hobby is making costumes that I usually wind up performing and competing in! I love having a creative outlet, especially one that allows me to play with beads and sequins and hoopskirts. Only recently, I started sewing real clothes as well, and tend to use Disneyland as a source of inspiration, going especially nuts for Dapper Days (I have a big stockpile of whimsical fabrics for just such occasions), and Disneyland Halloween (running around and trick or treating as a princess is A++).

I've been enjoying lurking on the boards, and look forward to participating in more discussions about Disney, crafts, and I suppose some pins now and then!

Welcome! I'm a novice sewer of costumes as well. :) Happy to meet you.
Mentioning Mary Blair concept art in your signature is quite serendipitous as well! I was going to post about how there are some pretty LE Mary Blair pins at the Walt Disney Family Museum right now! I walked there today with my friends and was delighted to find them.

Welcome to the forum - or at least to a non-lurking experience! You will have to share pictures of your costumes with us sometime! :) And best of luck advancing your own pin collection.

A fairly full list of my costumes is over here: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?a=11566 and I uploaded a few photos to an album in my profile!

I've got a bunch more in the works. Currently on a kick of making big pretty dresses, so I think at least another Disney Princess or two is on the horizion!

Thanks for the tip about the Walt Disney Family Museum! That's a trek I want to make, but had worried I missed my chance at the Mary Blair stuff since the exhibit ended. Will have to venture up that way soon!

Hello and welcome to DPF!!! :wavey: So happy you found your way here! :bigthumb:

Your main hobby sounds so fascinating! :) I would love to see some of your creations! Maybe someday I will have a reason to commission you to make something for me! ;)

I absolutely love the light-up Cinderella dress you made!
Being a cosplayer myself, (debuted Violet Parr today, yay!) I appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into something like that!

:bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back