• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Belle 17"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belle 17"

Mali

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have been watching this doll for awhile, and prices seem to keep going up. Do you think this will continue, or do you think they will drop again?

oh man......... ive been on the hunt for this doll as well, she is my favorite disney princess. Right now there arents alot of her for sale these days, and shes getting harder to find, therefore, the prices are going up. I hope she does go back down but i think she may only go up from here, i doubt she will ever be as much as Alice and Snow White though.

the likelyhood is the prices will go up, these dolls are starting to find their 'forever homes' and Brii59 is right, there are fewer coming up for sale. Whether or not she'll reach the prices of Snow and Alice -- who knows? But I bet a few years ago when Snow was released no one would've predicted her current prices! I say if you really want her, you are better off getting her sooner rather than later.

I agree with mrsromance. Unfortunately, LE Belle and LE Tiana have been seeing a slow, but still rising, price increase on the secondary market. Back when I finally broke down and finally decided to pursue buying the 17" LE dolls in early 2012, both LE Belle and LE Tiana were selling in the $150-$170 range, and I do kind of regret not buying them then, but I also was not sure if I was going to try to get all of the Princess & Wonderland dolls or not. Turns out I did want to get them all, and I ended up paying $200 for LE Tiana (which is not too terrible) but I paid $250 for LE Belle (not ideal, but the seeming going rate). I am a bit impatient when I want something, so I sometimes compromise a little bit on price when getting something (as long as I think that the price is not too outrageous), if I can get it sooner rather than later.

Now that said, there are always going to be opportunities out there to catch good deals, but that is part diligence of constant scanning for new listings and also a bit of luck. There are also people out there who are selling the floor sample dolls, which have no CoA but should be the exact same doll, complete with accessories, etc. These usually go for a bit less in price, but if you are not interested in the whole CoA/numbered edition thing and you just want the doll, this is an alternative.

Belle is certainly one of the top-tier princesses in terms of popularity, and though I do not think she will reach LE Snow White or LE Alice prices, I also do not think her price will go down, either. As more LE dolls are made for other characters, the earlier releases do become more sought-after by people trying to catch up with getting their favorites, if not the whole collection.

I don't know if this will help but sometimes you can find the dolls cheaper on Amazon than on eBay so try and check there every now and then.

Belle was one of the first LE dolls I bought when I found out about these LE dolls and I surely did not pay what she is currently listed for on eBay. So the prices have definitely gone up over the last 6 months. I really do hope you manage to find one at a decent price though, hopefully something comes up. I usually keep an eye out on eBay so if something does come up I will definitely let you know!

Also did you guys notice that there has been a spike in Snow White listings on eBay? Some at pretty reasonable prices as they have been opened, I think the last one sold for around $300 because it had been opened. I wonder if this will mean that the price of Snow White will start decreasing over the next few months? Especially if they don't end up selling and if the seller would want to sell them that badly, would be a great opportunity to make an offer.

Also did you guys notice that there has been a spike in Snow White listings on eBay? Some at pretty reasonable prices as they have been opened, I think the last one sold for around $300 because it had been opened. I wonder if this will mean that the price of Snow White will start decreasing over the next few months? Especially if they don't end up selling and if the seller would want to sell them that badly, would be a great opportunity to make an offer.

I believe the one you're talking about went for $380, and one shortly before that (a display doll) went for $400.
I've noticed an increase in store display dolls being listed on ebay recently (both designer princesses and LE 17"), and they've been going for relatively cheap. I wonder if that will drive down the price of the dolls that do have the COA?

I believe the one you're talking about went for $380, and one shortly before that (a display doll) went for $400.
I've noticed an increase in store display dolls being listed on ebay recently (both designer princesses and LE 17"), and they've been going for relatively cheap. I wonder if that will drive down the price of the dolls that do have the COA?

It's a tough call, since having the CoA with the doll is a bit of a bartering tool for selling it for a higher price. I guess it all depends on the buyer, in terms of what they are willing to spend, if CoAs/numbered dolls matter to them, and how many of the same doll are available on the secondary market at the same time. We've seen people here on DPF get some of the hard-to-find dolls at good prices, so anything is possible. :) I think the time of the year is also a factor. For example, January/February may be a relatively good time to find deals with so many people recovering from holiday spending.

I've noticed an increase in store display dolls being listed on ebay recently (both designer princesses and LE 17"), and they've been going for relatively cheap. I wonder if that will drive down the price of the dolls that do have the COA?[/QUOTE

i actually got a "Floor Display" designer Rapunzel for $110 with free shipping! She's perfect!!

Fairly devastated. Someone had a reasonable auction on ebay, I was outbid, hit bid to up it but my computer was too slow and the auction ended. The other ones on ebay are just to expensive. Going to go cry now.

I saw that auction Mali, and it was surprising to see that the doll was so cheap on the last minute, and when it reached the last 5sec, 4 bidders placed their bid on the same time. But yeah, she definitely ended so cheap. I even saw a LE Belle Deboxed and open some months ago, finishing in $250.

It took me some years to get LE Gothel for a reasonable price, and I finally got mine today, so I know it'll be easier for you to get Belle, since there are 5,000 of them, compared to Gothel with only 1,500. Good Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back