• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Best way to trade in the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best way to trade in the parks

brookegreene22

It all started with a mouse
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Heading to WDW at the end of February. When I started this endeavour, I bought a few starter pins and traded for ones I liked. NOW, after seeing how many sets and collections there are I want to find great pins.

Are there better places to go and look for pins? Strategy? We are going for an entire week, so I will be hitting each park! Thanks!

Try DTD at World of Disney,go when they open..its best picking then...also try the resorts as well
They are really good there...and Animal Kingdom early morning..and do not forget SCOOP and the folks at the gates going in
I have gotten nice ones off them....Also try around Pleasure Island too...and DT Westside..They have a couple DVC booths there

I never seem to have much luck at the Magic Kingdom. And the last two trips, I think I found the nicest stuff at the Studios.

Also before I go, I make a Pin Group on Pinpics* of what I am looking for. I usually have 2 lists, a "things I want to buy" list and a "pins I hope to trade for list." On the trades list, I keep in mind the reality of what will most likely be available, so it is full of mini-pin sets, booster packs, mystery boxes, deluxe lanyard pins, and some open edition pins (especially now the 2-pin sets). I print it off and carry it around with me, so I can check off the ones I have traded for.

*in the interest of being helpful I am saying this is what I do. In truth, my list is now so long that printing the Pin group results in too many pages to carry around. So I capture the pin pictures, and use a graphics program to arrange the pics as tightly as possible. Still prints off 5 pages front & back.

Thank you for the advice! I know the year I started I found a lot of the cast members at Magic Kingdom had only 3 or 4 pins per lanyard, compared to the 10 or so on the Animal Kingdom castmembers. Hoping to put together a strategy for our upcoming trip. A whole week of parks and trading = )

Trading with CMs at EPCOT early in the day, especially ones that are located away from pavillions/rides has been pretty good for me. Also, at DHS in the back corner I call the "dead area" by Mama Melrose's, and where the Kim possible signings are. Finally, AK can be good if you keep a weather eye on CMs and are quick on your feet (for some reason most CMs with good lanyard fodder are always on the move in high gear there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back