• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Bootleg Pins Chattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bootleg Pins Chattery

SwiftCentaurette

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[I know you can't trade them on PinPics, but some of them are so neat! Haha. There are some for Treasure Planet that I want but I can't trade for them. Dunno if Bootleg Pins are allowed to be talked about. So if I can't chitty chat about them, let me know!

I wish they were tradeable or someplace I could find them.
These one's are neat and don't have real pin counterparts that I'm aware of, so looose ;A;

pin23109.jpg pin23113.jpg

EDIT:
Found another pin I want!!
pin55496.jpg

Last edited:
As long as you are not trying to pass them off as authentic Disney products, and make clear of the pin's/pins' inauthenticity, talk of fantasy pins is permitted. Posts regarding the trade or sale of these items are permitted only in the "Other" For Sale/Wanted forum section. These rules are subject to change.

We at DisneyPinForum.com realize there are pins, though not genuine Disney products, people want for their collection. These items fall under the "Other" category. As long as both parties know they are trading for such kinds of pins, they should be allowed to make such a transaction. We do not want to inhibit our members' ability to trade, buy, or sell. Again, DisneyPinForum.com is not responsible for any trades or sales made through their website.

Any thoughts or concerns on the matter are welcomed.

As long as you are not trying to pass them off as authentic Disney products, and make clear of the pin's/pins' inauthenticity, talk of bootleg or fantasy pins is permitted. Posts regarding the trade or sale of these items are permitted only in the "Other" For Sale/Wanted forum section. These rules are subject to change.

We at DisneyPinForum.com realize there are pins, though not genuine Disney products, people want for their collection. These items fall under the "Other" category. As long as both parties know they are trading for such kinds of pins, they should be allowed to make such a transaction. We do not want to inhibit our members' ability to trade, buy, or sell. Again, DisneyPinForum.com is not responsible for any trades or sales made through their website.

Any thoughts or concerns on the matter are welcomed.

That's awesome! I'm glad we don't have to keep quiet about it. I hated that we could NEVER even think about it on Dizpins. There are some pins that I want for my collection, exactly how you stated it.

I think its awesome that we can now discuss and trade these pins. There has to be a venue for people who make fantasy pins and such. Some of them are very cool. As long as you dont misrepresent a pin nd are upfront about what it is, you should be able to trade it.

I know my Son and I have many Bootleg / counterfiet pins because they are really cool and they were not presented to us in a deceptive way. Pinpics does have most of these pins listed and they even have numbers assigned. This is for reference only as they cant be traded. But pinpics is pinpics and they are a DISNEY PIN SITE? They why all the counterfeit / bootleg pins. Of course, they cant be listed in your collection, trades or wants, again, just for reference.

I think there are some incredible Fantasy pins by some awesome artist like EVILOS. You can check out his wirk at www.evilos.com
I personally like many of these so call counterfeit pins and have always said, if you like it get it. I will show an example of an awesome TRON Fantasy pin from evilos that I am happy to say I have 2 of them signed by the artist, one each for Max & I.

I will also show a few pins that once Max & I saw them we wanted them but could only trade for them at the park or meets. That makes it difficult. i am happy that the MODS here get it. This is a forum and place for people to hook up and buy, sell and trade pins. It should notmatter what kind they are as long as they are represented correctly.

Here is the TRON pin from evilos and then some other pins that Max and I have been able to aquire. If we could have asked on line who has them and worked trades, it would have been much easier. I have no problem trading HM's and similar pins for them. I have typically traded HM's for most of these pins. Nothing crazy. Thank you MODS for giving us this venue.
Here is the tron pin and then other NON TRADEABLE pins on PinPics but now tradeable thanks to DPF. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!
pin80494

pin78237
pin77951
pin78367
pin78368
pin78369
pin78372
pin78374
pin77873
pin77917

Even though the Diver and spinner are bootlegs / counterfeits, they are really cool because we have the authentic JUMBO pins and they look really cute next to each other in our books. Again, all of the above pins were non tradeable on pinpics.

Traders could even discuss fantasy pins on Dizpins? I don't understand?! We chat about bootleg and scrappers?! I have several pins that were created BY Pinpics, like 26024. Oh, but wait, they aren't the same people are they?! Anyhoo - some of the fantasy pins are huge favorites of mine. Fantasy pins were really hard to trade for, back when they could be traded on Pinpics and I wouldn't give 'em up, love 'em! Hard to pick just one favorite! These are amazing...
20384 (even with the spelling error, a must have, tee he he).

These are 2 of the nicest fantasy pins I have. Whitney I might have an extra of the Shark Repellent one somewhere... lol.
pin35255.jpg
pin20384.jpg

I LOVE the pin shark repellent. If anyone has one I would love to trade for it.
And hey Jusy, as far as trading fantasy for fantasy, that could be difficult since we dont have any. I will gladly trade any pin disney, fantasy, whatever for a known fantasy pin if I like it.

I dont get all involved in the value aspect because some will say they wont trade say a blue backer pin for a fantasy pin.

Again, value is in the eyes of the beholder and If I like a pin, it really does not matter what it is, I look at it and determine what it is worth to me and go by that.

If anyone has any Fantasy Star Wars or Vinylmations & Dalmatians, I will gladly trade real disney pns for them.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

That is FANTASTIC! I LOVE so many Fantasy and Bootleg Disney Pins - as a matter of fact for a long time I collected them, I have bags and bags
and bags of different ones. Some of the Fantasy pins were so cool and some of the Bootleg pins were just, well, AMAZING :) At the beginning, years
ago, friends used to think I was crazy trading my official Disney pins for the Fantasy or Bootleg pins, but there were so many that I really really liked.
Again, it is in the eye of the collector - :)

There was a woman (if I am correct) that lived out west and she had the most AWESOME bootleg pins out there, they were hard to trade for, but are
in my curio to this day, they are some of my favorites (Tinker Bell Ornament & Maleficent w/Dragon) were two of my favorites.......

Thanks for doing this, I am so glad we can talk and possibly trade for others :)

Dana
dizneyusa

Dana if its who I'm thinking of on the west coast, the person you're talking about is Candi Rose and she passed away a couple of years ago. :(

There are hilarious fantasy pins out there. Anyone have a decent-sized collection of them? I'm sure we'd all love to see pics :)

I have some extras of the shark repellant (sigh - repellEnt) pins that I picked up for some of my pals who went to the last event - made it easier for them to find one another! ;)

TA or PM me - I'm better at TAs than PMs...still new to PMs...wait, I can't put an apostrophe in there, but without one it then makes it...well, you get it (...meh - for those who catch it, it's good for a chuckle).

The pin in my avatar is a "Fantasy" or fake pin. I brought a picture of it for Pat and other to see at DSF and they said they never sold it there. The guy on ebay swears it was real... But I have to go with DSF on this one since they all say they never sold it.

PS: That Shark repellent pin is awesome... Wanna trade one :)

Whitney, I'm not sure what you mean by a TA... if it's Trade Assistant, then I didn't think we could do that with fantasy pins. I did send you a PM, but feel free to contact me however!

Oh man I love that shark repellent pin!! How cute!! I'd love to have that one. :) I do have a few really neat Fantasy pins, I got them right after I started trading, I didn't even know what a Fantasy pin was. lol I bought them because I liked them, found out what Fantasy pins were and kept them. :) I have a Jessica, a Tink and a Meg that I just love.

I have these for trade:

We're searching for these fantasy pins:

Or you can check our traders and PM me. ;) [Jeepers, I didn't realize I had such a stash until I went looking! ;)]

[edit] I also have another one that looks like this one
but it has Tinker Bell on it instead.

Last edited:
Oh Whitney! I just love that one!!! It's just so hilarious!!! Dang! I want it! And this one, too... Will you check my trades again?

Last edited:
Gosh, I feel like I'm talking too much [okay, stop nodding your head! ;)] but I just found that if you go to eBay and search for Disney Pin Shark, you'll find the repellant/repellent pin CHEAP! I can't remember the rules (I'm on my first cup of coffee) so I won't post the link, but can I at least say that I've bought from those people before and they're WONDERFUL! ;) They used to sell pin bags that are the best on the market! ...If I can't say that, just edit me...I need to be edited sometimes, particularly before my fourth cup of coffee. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back