• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Bought a couple of pins of Ebay and I am wondering about their authenticity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a couple of pins of Ebay and I am wondering about their authenticity

sgtbilko

Queen's faithful servant.
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi all

I bought these two pins of Ebay and now after seeing a link to a good seller/bad seller board, I am now in two minds about if these are legit or not, as this seller was on the bad list.
Now I wonder if anyone here can help me decide whether they are counterfit or not.

Both pins have scrapper warnings on them.

Here are the two pins:

The first pin also have a problem with the pin on the back. Its all loose and wobbly and all bent. Is there an easy way to fix that if its a legit pin?

9F218EE6-245B-4071-98C6-3636D2BB7BC5-2919-0000031EDE239E39.jpg

91569136-9467-46CB-8E2B-317CBB1899BF-2919-0000031EDA3C520A.jpg

4D3F88CF-664B-4142-A74C-A0929F9489D6-2919-0000031ED6B143F2.jpg

508C7C2F-04DE-4283-8E4B-855BFC584782-2919-0000031ED3202751.jpg

On the next pin my concerns is that the wall behind them are white and the pinpics shows a more blueish colour. Lady's colours also looks a little off on my pin (She seems a little neon in colour).
The waffling looks a little rough at the edges as well.

94B207B5-30F5-4DAF-B581-070057A51771-2919-0000031ECE09F4AC.jpg

727E3808-7583-4805-AD6B-B5FEE0D4CA5E-2919-0000031EBC10A112.jpg

95DF194A-AD90-47D7-BBBD-9B42386901A7-2919-0000031ECA623A32.jpg

F1A92252-8BCA-445F-BEFE-08C388F73C2F-2919-0000031EC01CE2C2.jpg

I agree with the above poster here,I love the second one,looks like a A/P at least I think it has that on it
NOW for the wobbly back,buy a glue stick pen,I just fixed a couple of mine and it works great!

Agreed - AP mark on second plus it's pin-on-pin makes it look good. First one probably fake based on pic not showing any glossiness on the pin.

I agree. I bought a Star Wars Stitch pin from Tomorrowland at DLR and it had a wobbly part on it. So it doesn't always mean that it is fake. Had some dude the same day gripe at me that I was trying to trade off my fake Stitch on him. I handed him the receipt and told him that I was willing to go to the same store and see if the same person who helped me confirm that I was there and that I did buy the pin that same day.

A wobbly back does not make the pin a fake, any pin can get damaged, causing the pin part to become loose or even break off.

Thank you all for your feedback :)

I guess I can count them both as real then. Thats good :) And it seems I was really lucky on the Lady and the Tramp pin as well :D (Yes I had to Google what AP meant :facepalm: )

I have just had a closer look at the Maleficent pin and it has a dip in the lowest black piece on her neck, between the purple on her collar. You can actually see it on the second picture in post 1.
Can this be a production flaw or a sign of being a scrapper/fake pin?

I have to agree with you, the pin looks fine due to the fact the back stamp and gold plated back is as it should be. The fake/scrapper versions of this pin is really really thin and the back is silver instead. The pt52 pins never looked great because they scratch and get damaged easily, so the dip could have easily happened during production or just lack of care if the pin was ever in a pin book that was used a lot.
his
+1

I have the Maleficent pin, and it looks exactly like mine. The back stamp looks correct, and the coloring of the pin itself looks correct.

I have just had a closer look at the Maleficent pin and it has a dip in the lowest black piece on her neck, between the purple on her collar. You can actually see it on the second picture in post 1.
Can this be a production flaw or a sign of being a scrapper/fake pin?

Production flaw. People freak out over dips and automatically call it a scrapper. It happens to the best of pins.

With regard to the Maleficent pin I remember when they first came out there was a scrapper of this pin. The gold color was not as pronounced and a little shinier and Maleficent's lips were a different shade of red. Problem is I can not remember if the dark red lips were on the real one or the bad one. I think I have one of these in my collection so next time I am up (I am disabled) I will look for you.

With regard to the Maleficent pin I remember when they first came out there was a scrapper of this pin. The gold color was not as pronounced and a little shinier and Maleficent's lips were a different shade of red. Problem is I can not remember if the dark red lips were on the real one or the bad one. I think I have one of these in my collection so next time I am up (I am disabled) I will look for you.

That would be wonderful of you Rocke. Sorry to hear about your disability. Take your time with this :) If your pin can help solve this matter I would really appreciate that :) Looking forward to what you will find out when you feel well enough to do so. Thank you very much for doing this :)

The back is a very rich gold color (more buttery than most pins) and very mat. Not shiny at all. Maleficent's lips are dark red, crimson if you will on the real pin. I hope this helps. If your pin is shiny on the back at all it isn't the real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back