• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Buying from disney store US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying from disney store US?

Ponyo

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello i was just Researching how realistic would it be for me to order pins from the US Disney online store being from the UK and it got me thinking does anyone from outside the US order from them?
What is there experiences with it?

Also just to open up the questions to involve everyone i see what’s on the website is like concept art of the pins have you ever been disappointed when you finally got them or perhaps the opposite happen you wasn’t excepting much and when it arrived you were pleasantly surprised?

Yes, an UK buyer can order from the US store - doesn't work the other way round.
However, the shipping charges are outrageous. I think like $ 25 per pin or something, at least it was around that amount when I last checked like 3 years ago.

If you want to order I think your best chances are to partner with a trader from the US, have pins shipped to their address and they forward them. With those shipping charges there's no other way to do it any different constantly. It is just too pricey.

I have been ordering from them for a while and have the orders sent to friends in the US. That has worked quite well, with the exception of one disappearing package and two wrongly packed pins. But that's what phones are for. Was a bit complicated to get the "I order and have it sent elsewhere" concept to the CMs, but we eventually got there.

i heard its very expensive as theres delivery charge and then customs can sting you aswell.i know someone who got some pins and they ended up costing over double the price

£18 is the UK customs limit before you get hit with a very pathetically stupidly hefty charge! It really is not worth the hassle & as Vala says if you can get a kindly US trader to help you out then that's the way to go! I've never ordered from the US site for those reasons BUT I am helping out the other way round!

Well i did a test basket on one individual pin of $16.95 (no way would i be crazy enough to buy a set) and the shipping and handling cost to the UK stated would be $19.95 (more when adding more pins to the basket) which with the exchange rates there are right now to buy the pin and shipping it would cost £23.40 which yeah is a bit more expense than i would like but if it’s a pin i really really wanted i think i would pay it now when it comes customs charges the rules is if the item has an intrinsic value less than £18 so if it cost less than £18 then it is free from customs duty and import VAT which would mean my $16.95 pin in UK pounds would only be £10.74 as thats it intrinsic value so free from custom duty.

Now two things may of happened
a) With my obsessions of pins has made me an import charges wiz
or (and more likely)
b) I’m talking a load of waffle
now if someone could answer me if i a A or a B that would be helpful

P.S the reason why i'm even considering the disney pins is because i don't have the contacts yet where i could ask a fellow pin friend to get me pins (I have however got a very nice fellow who has gotten me DSF pins =) ) but more importantly is i'm tired of buying pins from auctions site only to be very worried its a scapper or a counterfeit

I'm not entirely sure how it's handled in the UK, but in Germany customs is at least supposed to add shipping costs into the value.
Sometimes the offices are not doing it if the invoice clearly shows a separate charge for postage, but the official standpoint is that it has to be added in. So if it's the same rules in the UK you'd be over the limit.

I agree, if it is something you really, really want it will be worth it. But unfortunately I personally want way too much there. LOL

You could ask on here if someone would be willing to help. I found my friend and ordering partner on Dizpins after they screwed me out of an order because of my German address.

I get all my DS.com pins off an ebay seller who gets them for me, about $8-$10 is added on to each pin I get as that covers the tax and extra charges on the sellers end so it works out quite fair price, especially when I only get the UP pins. If you would want the seller's ebay store them shoot me a PM as seller cant be faulted and is 100% perfect for me aswell as Ive recommend the seller before to friends who blame me for more spending XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back