• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Calling it Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling it Quits
Just a quick update to those that have sent me PM's about pins. I am working through them in order (got quite a few). Last night I updated my pinpics collection to remove the pins that have sold already. I also added a few that I found when sorting through my pins. I should be able to get to the rest of the PM's I've received by the end of the day today. Thanks to all for the support and good wishes! You're the best!

I can totally envision the day when I could do the same. I'm glad you're holding on to a few of your favs. I sold most of my Disney Gargoyles memorabilia last year in a garage sale, which felt almost cathartic, but I kept a few things too. Best wishes, girlie!

Hi all,

I have finally finished responding to all the PM's I received regarding my pin collection/traders. If you sent me a PM and you haven't heard from me... shoot me another one right away, cuz it must have gotten lost in the fray. I plan to wait through the weekend for responses back and then put together my first sales posting early next week.

Again, thank you for all the kind words.

Hi Shauna,

I know what it's like to have that feeling. Several times I've actually taken a step back, I've just never sold my pins, just my traders. Glad to hear though that you are not leaving the site, just the hobby. :wavey:

Shauna-I wanted to confirm that I sent payment and say THANKS for holding the pin for me until today. I can't wait for mail days next week :)

Final Update here before I make time to post on the sales board. I have added all the pins I'm willing to part with to my "trades" list and removed all the pins I've sold from my "owns" list. (I think.... lots of maintenance here.)

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. I'm glad the forum will be here to help ease the transition.

Shauna,
Life has it's way of prioritizing our needs, and sometimes, at the cost of something we love. Having sat next to you and sharing stories about life, pins, and Disney, it has been an honor just being next to you. This pin world we live in has gotten that much smaller, and a little less sunny, knowing that you are leaving it. With luck, we may still see you somewhere in the park, and for a brief moment, the sun will shine once more with your presence.

Sorry

(heavy sigh)

After much soul searching and for so many reasons, I have decided it is time for me to give up my pursuit of pins. I have officially removed all pins from my wants list. (eeek)

Over the next few days/weeks I will be reviewing/organizing my collection and traders and setting up sales posts. I will likely keep a few of my very favorites for a while to ease the transition. :)

Until I get the sale posts going, feel free to take a look at my collection/traders on pinpics and PM me if I have pins you're looking for. That way I can let you know if they're on my "keep for a while" list and/or prioritize my sale.

The thing I will miss most is the people. I've made some great friends. It's nice to know the boards are here when I'll be having the withdrawals I know will surely hit.

I am sorry that you are giving up pin trading. I am sure everyone here is going to miss you. It seems that people here are very friendly and care about each other. wish the best to you and your family. There is one pin that I would like to trade or buy from you. It's Pin 70355: D23 - Up All Night Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks Jorge

I feel realy depressed now. you have one pin I like
Pin 61418: DisneyShopping.com - Mickey & Friends Rock & Roll Series Pin
Let me know what you think.

Shauna,
Life has it's way of prioritizing our needs, and sometimes, at the cost of something we love. Having sat next to you and sharing stories about life, pins, and Disney, it has been an honor just being next to you. This pin world we live in has gotten that much smaller, and a little less sunny, knowing that you are leaving it. With luck, we may still see you somewhere in the park, and for a brief moment, the sun will shine once more with your presence.

And THAT... is how you make a girl cry. (in a good way) Thank you Orlando. :hug:

Just a quick follow up... still at peace with my decision. Visiting here and visiting the DL park helps. (going again today). I have finally finished listing a bunch of pins for sale on the sales boards. Added some that I had had planned on keeping, so feel free to take a look. See everyone around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back