• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Can someone explain the DeeBees to me? And PT52?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the DeeBees to me? And PT52?

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Very simple question. I never understood the DeeBees. I know that that they are little magical creatures who kind of help create the parks. And yes they are kind of cute. But they kind of randomly appeared. Then *poof* gone. The DeeBee blog didn't give any answers. There was never really a list of how many pins there were (at least a mystery to me.). And no more have come out. Anyone else think that whole collection is odd?

I have the same feelings about the PT52 pins. But I did like those. Just a random assortment of characters. But they were only released in the parks in a 1 month time span (from what I heard) and then nothing else.

I just find it kind of odd that they release random sets like this.

Please do not get me started on deebees.

PT52 pins were just a random set of pins put together to be sold as mystery pins in a "limited release" basis. They were relesed in random quanitites at random times.... Making them very sought after by collectors never knowing if/when they would ever see them again. *Disney marketing at its best because* it worked very well month after month. The boxes never stayed on the shelfs for more than a day, once the word got out that the pins were in stock, people would buy them out in large numbers.

By adding 52 additional "Chaser pin" Pins, Disney made collectors even more rabid then before.

To this day I never saw any of these pins available at any WDW park or at DLR.

I see it as "let's see if this is a money maker". I know people went crazy over trying to get the whole set and chasers but there was really nothing for core collectors to add to their collections. Unlike P52, where I need the UP pins for one of my MASTER subsets.

Can't you just see it now. Vinylmations with 3 tier chasers. The regular version. The silver chaser. The gold chaser and the new price for for "limited release" pins.

I remember when they first came out I was like, OMG! I hated them but everyone wanted them and as a trader, I try to have what people want. I remember in the park I could not even get them into my book before someone snatched them and in about a month, you couuld not give them away. Like someone said, lets see if we have a money maker. People will buy anything if there is enough buzz and they always hope its the next big thing.

I had a good attempt at teying to collect the PT52's & managed to pick a few up from traders etc, but it became practically impossible so I gave up. I still have a few whcih I'll probably trade back out - I do understand though that some of the pins have fakes in circulation! There is a Pin Group here on Pinpics.

Deebees I really do not understand - different series, different finishes - different planet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back