• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Can you tell me about this pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me about this pin?

dizpinfreak

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I got this pin two days ago from a craigslist purchase. I was wondering if someone could tell me about and why so many people are interested in it. Thanks!

image by je_tadore, on Flickr

These special Cast Lanyard Pins are direct from the Disney Pin Vault. The ten (10) featured designs were created for the first collection of Cast Lanyard pins in 2002. The pins were sampled but never ordered or distributed at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Guests got a sneak preview of these pins at Disney's Pin Celebration 2004 - A Family Pin Gathering. These pins were not distributed to Cast Members for trading; the pins were created especially for this promotion as a tribute to the original Cast Lanyard Collection.

that says it all, they were not released when they should have been,and only attendees who got one at the pin event in 04 got one, while it carries no scrapper warning, i would double check it, if original it is a valuable trader,

These special Cast Lanyard Pins are direct from the Disney Pin Vault. The ten (10) featured designs were created for the first collection of Cast Lanyard pins in 2002. The pins were sampled but never ordered or distributed at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Guests got a sneak preview of these pins at Disney's Pin Celebration 2004 - A Family Pin Gathering. These pins were not distributed to Cast Members for trading; the pins were created especially for this promotion as a tribute to the original Cast Lanyard Collection.

that says it all, they were not released when they should have been,and only attendees who got one at the pin event in 04 got one, while it carries no scrapper warning, i would double check it, if original it is a valuable trader,

Thanks! Any idea how to check?

try the pin trading logo, also verify year in PTL is correct, some inquiries here or on any pin board will hopefully get you a clear pic of what the backstamp of the time should look like. Also check colors , as you may have noticed in some of the scrapper postings, certain colors are tougher to get correct<ie yellows and reds often come out as lighter colors, off yellow or pink versus real colors>

as a last resort, you can post a pic here on the pin comparison thread and hope someone else has one to show and compare yours too?

hope this helps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back