• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Comparison Help??? Pin 6801: ProPin - Aladdin Set (Genie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparison Help??? Pin 6801: ProPin - Aladdin Set (Genie)

creativextremeties

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hi Guy's :)

I'm hoping to Get a Helping Hand in Comparing My [pinpics]6801[/pinpics] to Your Own Pin if you own it and know that it's Real?
The PinPics Description Reads as Follows....

Genie is #1 of 9 pins in a set [pinpics]9378[/pinpics] released by ProPin of Germany to commemorate the movie "Aladdin."

The blue Genie is shown from the head up; he faces right, looking left, with a big grin on his face.

The reverse has, "ProPin, Germany, © Disney, Pin #1."

Everything seems right on my pin with the exception of the "Pin #1." Part, as shown in the Pictures Below of Mine.
Please help me figure out if I have the Real Deal or if it is a Reproduction, Bootleg or Fake?

Thanks As Always <3
<3
Laz

Front of My Pin
RSCN7655.jpg

Back of My Pin
RSCN7657.jpg

It's Hard to Read from this Picture But the Backstamp Reads "Propin C Germany, C Disney"

Thank You So Much for Your Help <3

I don't own this pin, but I would have to say someone would have to be pretty desperate to counterfeit a Propin. They are fairly cheaply made in the first place, I don't see how there would be profit in it. Or enough interest because a lot of people turn their nose up at them. I would guess the pin was re-released at some point. Or, I think these came where you could either buy the pin individually or in a plastic case as a set of 9. Maybe, yours is an individual one and the person with the Pinpics entry had the whole set, sold together.

Edit: It looks like ProPin had a Disney license between 1995-2000, that makes it old enough that I wouldn't be concerned about counterfeits/scrappers. I'm going to go with the difference between a pin that was sold in a package of 1 vs the ones that were sold as a set in the plastic cases.

Last edited:
Hi Laz thanks for caring so much :) Listen there is one for bid on ebay now and it says the same as yours on the back if that helps. If we trade and its a fake THEN YOU WILL OWE MY BIG TIME waaaa ha ha ha:hsd: if not i can find another goody in your traders.

I don't have this specific pro-pin but I have a few that I can check the back of if you like. I am fairly sure they have not been counterfeited though as they seem to be pins that look like other sets. For example I have the oliver & co set (9392) and there is a disney set (31010) that has some of the the same pins in it only done by disney instead of by pro pins-disney. The Pro pins set was made before the disney set.

I don't own this pin, but I would have to say someone would have to be pretty desperate to counterfeit a Propin. They are fairly cheaply made in the first place, I don't see how there would be profit in it. Or enough interest because a lot of people turn their nose up at them. I would guess the pin was re-released at some point. Or, I think these came where you could either buy the pin individually or in a plastic case as a set of 9. Maybe, yours is an individual one and the person with the Pinpics entry had the whole set, sold together.

Edit: It looks like ProPin had a Disney license between 1995-2000, that makes it old enough that I wouldn't be concerned about counterfeits/scrappers. I'm going to go with the difference between a pin that was sold in a package of 1 vs the ones that were sold as a set in the plastic cases.

I agree with you on this one, and that is a good point as far as the sold in sets and single versions. I didn't think of that :) Thanks!

Hi Laz thanks for caring so much :) Listen there is one for bid on ebay now and it says the same as yours on the back if that helps. If we trade and its a fake THEN YOU WILL OWE MY BIG TIME waaaa ha ha ha:hsd: if not i can find another goody in your traders.

I don't mind trading it, It is just that I always like to look the pins over thouroughly before a trade to make sure it is not a scrapper or counterfeit. Especially when it's a pin I did not buy directly from Disney. We will work something out <3 I Just wanted to call in for some Help on here first :) Since I have no knowledge of the ProPins.

I don't have this specific pro-pin but I have a few that I can check the back of if you like. I am fairly sure they have not been counterfeited though as they seem to be pins that look like other sets. For example I have the oliver & co set (9392) and there is a disney set (31010) that has some of the the same pins in it only done by disney instead of by pro pins-disney. The Pro pins set was made before the disney set.

I Really Appreciate your help and Yes If you wouldn't mind that would help my piece of mind a lot <3 <3 <3 Thank You So Much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back