• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Confused.. is this is scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused.. is this is scrapper?

luvsulley

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I bought Pin 83840 a few weeks ago but I am confused about whether this Soda Fountain pin is a scrapper? I just noticed the cones don't reach the border.. and I know with mickey heads, it usually means scrapper.. I'm having doubts cause I never encountered a soda foundation scrapper PLUS it has a serial number on back of the pin.. My scanner didn't take the best image but here's a pic:

sodapin.jpg

What do you think?

Many WDI and DSF pins have borders. I'm assuming they get their pins from the same manufacturer.

That being said, it doesn't guarantee that a pin is not a scrapper. The only way to ensure a pin is authentic is to purchase it from Disney yourself.

OK thanks!! I didn't know that WDI and DSF had borders sometimes. Since it has the original backer and the serial number stamped on the back of the pin, I think I'm safe. Thanks again!!

The GWP pin I got with my Pin Trader's Delight from DSF also looks like that on the back. I thought I got a scrapper direct from DSF at first! LOL

OK, check this post out: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?205-Scrappers-Vs.-Counterfiets-%28and-how-to-tell%29

If you take a look at his pictures of fakes, the telltale border is RAISED. I have gotten yelled at by a couple (cough cough) of DPF members for not clarifying in a "how to tell fakes" pamphlet I made that a border indicating a fake has to be raised. There are tons of WDI and DSF pins out there that have the "border" you are talking about. I call this type of border a "reverse border". Yes, it looks like a border, but it is flat. There is no raised portion around the perimeter of the pin. It simply looks like they stopped printing the pattern before they got to the edge of the pin. And they are definitely real pins, as is yours. I have purchased WDI and DSF and DA myself, and traded for hundreds of them still on the card and in the cellophane packaging, and they will look like that time to time. No need to worry! ^_^

And pins with borders are not scrappers darn it! They are fakes, otherwise known as counterfeit! Go read the post I linked, all of you whippersnappers and learn the difference! :p And don't forget to thank Dan for edumacating you either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back