• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! Converting a trinket into a pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! Converting a trinket into a pin

Cnyr

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cd29451561418b8c2ee5ee88908a52bf.jpg

Hi,

So I recently bought this Up Adventure Book keychain. It's the cutest and I love the quote inside. Since it has a flat backing, I want to remove the chain portion and convert it into a pin to display it on my board. I don't have any fancy soldering tools so I plan on using strong glue that works on metals.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is the pin backing part for sale anywhere? Any other tips to share?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not seen traditional Disney Pin style posts available to use before .
Personally I'd just use blu-tac , unless the pin is super heavy then I'd try putting a standard pushpin at the base of the Pin .

That is an adorable keychain!

Are you on Facebook? I know Kirk Fabbro does this (I got an Inside Out keychain that he converted into a pin). I think he has an account on here, but I don't know his username or how often he comes on.

I got the keychain at the Boxlunch store at Florida mall last weekend. Not sure if they are a national chain. They have an online store but a lot of the Disney stuff that I see in store isn't always on the website. They have some Disney pins too.

I found Kirk on Facebook. At least now I know of someone who can do it if I can't figure out a way to do it myself. In the meantime, Blu-tac is a good idea for a quick fix :)

Thanks!

I use E-6000 glue... and you can find pin backs at most hobby stores. If you want traditional "post" type pin backs, use unfinished earring studs (again at a craft store)

I use E-6000 glue... and you can find pin backs at most hobby stores. If you want traditional "post" type pin backs, use unfinished earring studs (again at a craft store)

Hey I didn't check this post for a while so I missed your tip. Earring posts are an awesome idea. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back