• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cork Boards - Updated 1-25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cork Boards - Updated 1-25

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
351   0   0
I picked up some cork boards awhile ago to make display boards for my collection, so I could get them out of boxes and enjoy them. I decided to paint them to decorate, since I haven't been able to find fabric or paper that I like enough or matches the collection.

I've done two of them so far:

The first one is for my Rescue Rangers collection.

12063601_990080091015395_3482629748082433574_n.jpg

The second one is for my Paris lanyard collection, since those pins were overflowing from the two canvases they were temporarily on.

12346309_1009748685715202_5795427530379942877_n.jpg

SO MANY COATS OF PAINT. I made the mistake of not painting the entire board white at first, so it ended about halfway into the red and blue sections. It took about 7 coats of paint to (mostly) hide the white underneath and get those colors to look solid.

Last edited:
What great collections! I didn't even know that they had RR pins! Awesome!

And the paint job turned out really good too!

Very nice! The boards look great and I love your collections! My girls discovered Rescue Rangers this summer and have been watching the DVDs on loop. (I don't mind!) Gadget is a super star around here. :)

Thanks, everyone! :3 Hopefully with the holidays out of the way I'll have some time to get more done.

These are gorgeous! I can't wait to watch your boards grow and see what other character boards you create. Any idea what theme you'll tackle next? :naughty:

Most likely Daisy, as that collection is in serious need of one large board. Right now my Daisy pins are overflowing off the sides of my current canvas into a box. I need to make a small one for my waffle pins, and one for my Capricorn and Aquarius collection. I'll probably also do one for my Bonnie's Toys PTDs, and another for my random PTDs that don't fit into other collections. I also want to do a Robin Hood board for the overflow that doesn't fit onto my Robin Lanyard. I also need to decide how to tackle my Lion King pins...

Thanks, everyone! :3 Hopefully with the holidays out of the way I'll have some time to get more done.

Most likely Daisy, as that collection is in serious need of one large board. Right now my Daisy pins are overflowing off the sides of my current canvas into a box. I need to make a small one for my waffle pins, and one for my Capricorn and Aquarius collection. I'll probably also do one for my Bonnie's Toys PTDs, and another for my random PTDs that don't fit into other collections. I also want to do a Robin Hood board for the overflow that doesn't fit onto my Robin Lanyard. I also need to decide how to tackle my Lion King pins...

LOL, I read that like I was saying it in one breath and then at the end, I inhaled deeply. You certainly have your work cut out for you, but I'm excited to see what you come up with for the above mentioned collections. Best of luck!:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back