• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Jessica Pin Comparison (LARGE PHOTO WARNING!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit Jessica Pin Comparison (LARGE PHOTO WARNING!)
Several people on this forum have e-mailed me, asking who the seller is. We have 3 so far that have fallen victim to this lady's fraud. Feel free to PM me, if nothing else, to avoid her.

As I said in the other thread about counterfeit Jessica pins, I find this all very confusing. The same seller (and by same, I mean the same person, not the person who's being mentioned here, although they could be one and the same) keeps selling the Jessica dressed as Alice pin. It doesn't come on a backer card, and the fact that they've sold 3 of them so far is very suspcious. Actually, it's 5 that they've sold now. But yet, these pins keep selling for almost $200! Are people paying this in good faith, or is that how much people are willing to pay for suspected counterfeits of that particular pin?

I think people are crazy to spend that much on a pin at all honestly :( I LOVE Jessica and Would never pay that much for any single pin of her... Maybe i'm not a true collector if i'm not willing to dish that much out on a pin....

:) I don't think that being careful with your money makes you any less of a "true" collector. Some people are willing to spend crazy cash, others are not. Personally, I'm not willing to spend that amount of money on a single pin, even if I had that money to spare. If I could get a Jessica as Alice fake for cheap though, I don't think I could resist. :(

Several people on this forum have e-mailed me, asking who the seller is. We have 3 so far that have fallen victim to this lady's fraud. Feel free to PM me, if nothing else, to avoid her.

The same seller is also selling some type of custom made "tags" called Pathtags, which are enamel filled metal dogtag looking things which have to be custome made. So I think the possibility for her to get fake pins made is pretty high.

I agree with Lindsay saying just cause you dont want to spend that much on a singal pin doesnt make you any less a true collector there are just some of us who are willing to spend the high prices to get a complete set/collection. I spend quite a bit so Im one of the crazy people but when you take into account that I dont have alot of themes etc I justify paying high prices since I collect so few pins plus the ones I want now are stupid to trade for so easier to just buy XD

The same seller is also selling some type of custom made "tags" called Pathtags, which are enamel filled metal dogtag looking things which have to be custome made. So I think the possibility for her to get fake pins made is pretty high.

I have been following this site for a while but felt I needed to post after I couldn't keep my tongue tamed any further. I am a pin collector and geocacher and I think you need to do some reading on what pathtags are. Its one thing to be a nit-picky pin collector,but now you're making statements about a hobby that's near and dear to my heart. Pathtags are a gift geocachers leave for FREE for other geocachers in a geocache that are trackable. Some sell a few of their tags to pay for the lot you have to buy from pathtags.com. People also trade them but aren't so fickle like some pin collectors and expect to cash in on their value at a later date. The whole design for a pathtag is approved or disapproved by the website. You cant have them made anywhere and there are rules that have to be followed. You may have a right to an opinion but when it comes without being educated on the subject, you're way off.

I also get tired of reading about about any pin that's not 100% perfect is fake in peoples eyes. Every pin event I have ever been to has had damaged pins and tons of people are always trying to make returns. You make it sound like disney quality control is perfect. Give me a break! I'm glad the picky people are in a minority because you're just plain annoying and whiny.What is weird is the people I meet at pin events are so nice. I'm sure the perfect pin freaks will bash me for making my first post confrontational but too bad, someone needs to say it.

I have been following this site for a while but felt I needed to post after I couldn't keep my tongue tamed any further. I am a pin collector and geocacher and I think you need to do some reading on what pathtags are. Its one thing to be a nit-picky pin collector,but now you're making statements about a hobby that's near and dear to my heart. Pathtags are a gift geocachers leave for FREE for other geocachers in a geocache that are trackable. Some sell a few of their tags to pay for the lot you have to buy from pathtags.com. People also trade them but aren't so fickle like some pin collectors and expect to cash in on their value at a later date. The whole design for a pathtag is approved or disapproved by the website. You cant have them made anywhere and there are rules that have to be followed. You may have a right to an opinion but when it comes without being educated on the subject, you're way off.

I also get tired of reading about about any pin that's not 100% perfect is fake in peoples eyes. Every pin event I have ever been to has had damaged pins and tons of people are always trying to make returns. You make it sound like disney quality control is perfect. Give me a break! I'm glad the picky people are in a minority because you're just plain annoying and whiny.What is weird is the people I meet at pin events are so nice. I'm sure the perfect pin freaks will bash me for making my first post confrontational but too bad, someone needs to say it.

You should tell it at a party

When you give 95 dollars to a heartless hag for fake merchandise, you can be as complacent as your little heart desires. In the meantime, the rest of us will get the word out about you. I mean her ;)

Last edited:

You should tell it at a party

When you give 95 dollars to a heartless hag for fake merchandise, you can be as complacent as your little heart desires. In the meantime, the rest of us will get the word out about you. I mean her ;)

You gave her $95 and you never got your money back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back