• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit?

Brandy714

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
I just purchased this pin from eBay from a seller I have used before and trust. But I believe this time I may have gotten a counterfeit. Can anyone tell me more about this pin?

Pin 69929: DisneyStore.com - Puppet Pals Series - Pluto with Mickey

The one I purchased does not have the area between Pluto's body and tail cut out and that why I'm thinking it's counterfeit. I'm so disappointed. I have seen this pin being sold for $2.50 and expected those to be fake; she was selling it for $19 BIN so I thought I was safe. Before I contact her, I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Thanks so much for any insight you can offer.

This is directly from PinPics:

The section between Mickey's arms is NOT cut out, nor is the section between Pluto's ear and jaw.

I dont think you have to worry and if it was $2.50 for an LE250, I too would be concerned.

Thanks Dan. I did see that on PinPics but still wasn't sure as it didn't mention the section between the body & tail.

Ooooh, Brandy, let me know what you find out. I have often looked into trading/buying this pin. I hope you are safe!!!! Keep me posted!

I'm sorry to say, but if the section between the tail and his leg is not cut out then I think you got a bad pin. :(. I have this pin and got it straight from Disney and this section is cut out on mine. If you look in my pin thread on the fourth page you can see a picture of the one I have in my Mickey frame.

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?427-My-Pins!/page4

Did it come on the card? There I's a small chance it is an error, but more likely it is bad. I've also noticed that the colors are a bit off on the bad pins. His toung is too pink and his fur has a greenish tint.

I just checked the one I got straight from disneyshopping and the section between the tail and body is cut out. I don't know about the colors as the image above comes from pinpics (I don't think it is a picture of the pin that came from eBay)

Thanks everyone for all your help. I do think I have a fake- the finish is not smooth and the tongue is a scary shade of pink. I will be contacting the seller and hopefully get a favorable response. Wish me luck!

Happy ending to this... the seller was very understanding and apologetic and issued me a refund immediately. So the bad news is I don't have the (real) pin, but at least I'm not out $19 for a fake pin.

Thanks again to all who advised me!

I have the fake version of this pin and it's off color and the portion near the tail is NOT cut out. Every one I've seen that is cut out (so far) is real.

Happy ending to this... the seller was very understanding and apologetic and issued me a refund immediately. So the bad news is I don't have the (real) pin, but at least I'm not out $19 for a fake pin.

Thanks again to all who advised me!

Yay, awesome that there was a happy ending! :) yeah, I have a fake one too that we bought from eBay by mistake, and it sounds exactly like the one you described. Glad to hear the seller was good about making it right for you. Hope you can find a real one soon!

Yay, awesome that there was a happy ending! :) yeah, I have a fake one too that we bought from eBay by mistake, and it sounds exactly like the one you described. Glad to hear the seller was good about making it right for you. Hope you can find a real one soon!

Thanks Story! I actually just bought one from Erica! Yay for the real pin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back