• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Current Disneystore.com pin designs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Disneystore.com pin designs

HeatherFeather

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I am curious as to what the opinions of some of you are regarding what is currently being put out by Disneystore.com. Frankly, I am not excited by the upcoming pin designs/series at all. I have completely stopped getting up at 3 am for new releases other than Halloween. Even those are not as good as they used to be. Am I the only one with nostalgia for the type of designs we used to see form DisneyAuctions and Disneyshopping.com from 3-4 years ago? Occasionally there is a cute 6 pin set, but I don't buy them because I usually only want one pin.

Yeah, this topic has been covered before and a lot of people (including myself) are less than enthusiastic about the current designs. They just seem rushed or lazy. Not not much care taken in producing appealing artwork and design.

I can only speak for myself. The quality of design and art have not appealed to me at all. Even Halloween (the one I save for) was uninspiring. Not even our secondary-market people seemed interested lately. :lol:

Personally, there aren't a lot of new pins that I truly had to have. The exceptions lately are the Nutcracker pins (I loved the Stitch and Tigger!) and the Stitch as Tron. Otherwise, they have been really easy to resist...

My biggest issue with the Disneystore.com pins are the size. They used to be really good sized, but the last time I ordered pins, they had gotten smaller while the price got larger. I don't even follow what they release now because I'm so uninterested in them.

Probably because the market shrank due to the poor economy the past couple years. Generally, in a collectibles market, when sales start to slip the immediate reaction is to squeeze the remaining customer base harder while cutting costs. That's not always what happens, but I've seen it enough to recognize it as a pretty standard reaction.

for me I only look out for th UP pins and Id say they've got better with the UP pins as they were new designs so I cant complain but looking at the recent list of upcoming pins then they are so so imo

I never really bought my pins from ds.com, maybe once or twice. But the pins that I did buy were very detailed and unique. When i say unique I mean that they did not look like the pins from the park. they had nicer artwork. I agree with the other posts, the art isn't as good as it once was. Some of the pins like the profile stitch pin looks like a lanyard starter set pin! I've brought this up before in another post, that they've been recycling artwork much more. I don't know why but with the price of each pin around $15 each I'm hopping they up the quality. I just started buying ds.com pins again a few weeks ago (mostly for trades) and I haven't been too impressed. But I will say the fantasia anniversary jumbo was a beautiful pin full of detail and lots of color. They need more pins like that instead of pins like the tangled pins of the character standing there combing her hair. Too simple and they look like open edition pins from the parks and are not worn the high price tag (at least to me, I'm sure someone likes them!)

For the most part the DS.com pins have not interested me lately, even some of the Chernabog pins! Add to that the price and the fact that they're always exempt from the % off offers... Might buy some for trading if they go on sale bu haven't seen anything I had to have in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back