• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Custom Alice from Disneyland 60 doll: Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Alice from Disneyland 60 doll: Advice

Sweet Cheshire

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Like I mentioned in another post, I purchased one of the Disneyland 60 dolls due to her striking resemblance to the 17" LE Alice (see my comparison photo). I've been patiently waiting for Disney to do a designer version of Alice, but since it seems they are sticking to princesses, I'm going to make my own. My problem is I do not know how to sew. at. all.

So, to any doll customizes out there: Where is a good place to find either handmade doll clothes or to find someone I can commission to create one? I have some ideas on how i want it to look, but nothing really nailed down yet.

Any advice would be helpful!

image_46.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Have poked my doll collector friend for info. (Who now wants one. Can those be purchased online?)

Is it my imagination or does she look a LOT like Taylor Swift?

(Edit: And there she is. I am too slow.)

Did someone say dolls?

Well, first off, what's your budget? That's going to influence a LOT about the answers I give you. :)

Hahaha. My ears perk up too when I hear the word "doll"! Well I think the max i would go would be a couple hundred, but that is going to depend on the quality, uniqueness, etc. So, before I coughed up that much money I would definitely need samples.

Have poked my doll collector friend for info. (Who now wants one. Can those be purchased online?)

Is it my imagination or does she look a LOT like Taylor Swift?

(Edit: And there she is. I am too slow.)

She is available in Disneyland, but since I live in North Carolina and cannot afford a trip to Cali, I bought her on eBay. I paid more than she costs (not much more), but when I have my heart set on something and money to burn I usually get a little spend happy. :(

This doll is a 12" doll (approximately).

Yes, she looks like Alice but also bears a striking resemblance to Taylor Swift. It was $26.95 at the parks, but when you factor in tax (which will make it close to $30) and then shipping (medium flat rate box at $13) and packaging materials (bubble wrap) it's close to $43-45.

As far as someone that customizes clothes, hmm, I'm not sure. I think jennisney does custom dolls (not sure re: clothes) and lulumee does them as well.

Thanks for the info Starry_Solo. She is 12" and I'm glad you broke down the price b/c that is exactly around what I paid for her. I was going to attempt to put some of my EAH Maddie dresses on her, but I forgot those dolls are out of proportion. I really do not like the mom jeans my girl is in. :(

She does kind of look like T Swift, who is cute, but all I'm ever going to see is Alice!

Awesome!

Well, Dolls Ahoy on Etsy does awesome clothes for a wide range of dolls; she's not tightly fitted/elaborate, but she's also not hugely expensive, if you wanted to start with some wee bits. I would actually recommend Elizabeth who does most of my doll clothes; she's done custom work for smaller dolls with odd measurements. If you want her info, PM me.

Awesome!

Well, Dolls Ahoy on Etsy does awesome clothes for a wide range of dolls; she's not tightly fitted/elaborate, but she's also not hugely expensive, if you wanted to start with some wee bits. I would actually recommend Elizabeth who does most of my doll clothes; she's done custom work for smaller dolls with odd measurements. If you want her info, PM me.

Does she have a website or a flikr account where I can see some of her work? I'll check out the etsy store.

She doesn't currently have a website, but I can send you pictures of some of the clothes she's done for me, or she can potentially send you more. I am immensely pleased with her work overall.

would you mind PMing me some photos?

I am...really bad at technology (see also my total lack of signature image). I tried to attach a picture, and it was all GIVE ME A URL and I do not have one and so basically, while I wouldn't mind, exactly, I don't think I know how. I am not a techie person. I can attach them to email, which is why I said to PM me (so I can give you an address), but I have no idea how to stick them in a message.

I am...really bad at technology (see also my total lack of signature image). I tried to attach a picture, and it was all GIVE ME A URL and I do not have one and so basically, while I wouldn't mind, exactly, I don't think I know how. I am not a techie person. I can attach them to email, which is why I said to PM me (so I can give you an address), but I have no idea how to stick them in a message.

Gottcha! I'll send you a PM now.

Oooooo, a designer Alice - I just might buy that one. Would love to see what you come up with when you finish designing your own.

I'm also doing this idea just bought a Alice doll on eBay I cannot believe how much she looks like the big one so I had to buy her also going to swap her body for a Disney store body as they have better movements but also stuck on a Alice in wonderland dress so would love any help ?? On who could possibly make one for me?

Thanks

I know Disney released the Alice doll using the Snow White sculpt but why does everyone automatically feel like that sculpt is set in stone for Alice? Honestly, while beautiful, I don't think it matches Alice at all.

I'm also doing this idea just bought a Alice doll on eBay I cannot believe how much she looks like the big one so I had to buy her also going to swap her body for a Disney store body as they have better movements but also stuck on a Alice in wonderland dress so would love any help ?? On who could possibly make one for me?

Thanks

She looks just like the big one?! Would you please share a picture? How did you find her? I really like the 17" Alice but I prefer a 12" size and the price is usually better too. :)

I don't think any dolls Disney/Mattel has produced looked like Alice the character; I have owned pretty much any Disney based Alice doll they have made. My reason for buying the 60th doll was b/c the doll looks like the 17" doll which I love. I own both and both in my pictures above and in person, they look as close as they possibly can.

Now if Disney gets their stuff together and realize that our darling Alice has a cult following, and satisfies our blood lust for an accurate (or just more) doll(s) for her I'd be on it syrup on a hot tasty waffle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back