• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

De-boxers Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
De-boxers Unite!

merida33

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like my dolls suffocating in their tiny boxes. I like the 360 view and really I just like touching things.

So, is there a stand y'all like for the 12" Classic dolls? How about the animators. They seem too chubby for AG doll stands. I also don't like those with the white base, I'm not against painting them but would much prefer clear.

I don't like my dolls suffocating in their tiny boxes. I like the 360 view and really I just like touching things.

So, is there a stand y'all like for the 12" Classic dolls? How about the animators. They seem too chubby for AG doll stands. I also don't like those with the white base, I'm not against painting them but would much prefer clear.

I recommend kaiser doll stands. They clip around the waist and the base is quite flat, but they hold the doll very steady (unlike the Barbie type doll stands). Longer skirts will cover up the doll stand base. Dolls with full skirts can have the doll stand under the skirt so you do not see the doll stand at all. Dolls with fitted gowns (like Designer Maleficent & Designer Evil Queen) are better with the doll stand on the outside. Kaiser doll stands come in different colors: white, black, pink, green, blue, purple... They also make them for dolls of different sizes, so be careful to buy the right size for what you need. DRJ1828 and I use kaiser doll stands for many of our deboxed displayed 12" dolls. :)

media.nl

I recommend kaiser doll stands. They clip around the waist and the base is quite flat, but they hold the doll very steady (unlike the Barbie type doll stands). Longer skirts will cover up the doll stand base. Dolls with full skirts can have the doll stand under the skirt so you do not see the doll stand at all. Dolls with fitted gowns (like Designer Maleficent & Designer Evil Queen) are better with the doll stand on the outside. Kaiser doll stands come in different colors: white, black, pink, green, blue, purple... They also make them for dolls of different sizes, so be careful to buy the right size for what you need. DRJ1828 and I use kaiser doll stands for many of our deboxed displayed 12" dolls. :)

media.nl
Shivatopia, could you please tell me what size of stands you use on the dolls
for me to be sure with ones to buy

Shivatopia, could you please tell me what size of stands you use on the dolls
for me to be sure with ones to buy

On eBay, they will usually have a mention of being for Barbie or 11.5"-12.5" dolls. They may also mention the Fashion Royalty dolls by Integrity. These dolls are all the same approximate size. On amazon.com, they are listed as being for 11"-12" dolls.

Avoid any other size range listings if you want the stands for your DS Classic/Designer dolls. Definitely avoid the doll stands that are for 6.5"-11" (these are too small) and also the ones that mention that they are for Ken dolls/Action figures (the waist clip is too big). Keep in mind that the same doll stands for the Barbie size can also easily be used for male dolls of the same scale (the DS princes).

If you want doll stands for your 17" LE dolls, they do make kaiser doll stands for that size, too.

Deboxer here too! When I got my Animator dolls, I just went to the thrift store, and I bought a bunch of porcelain dolls for my mom's birthday (she collects those). She got the dolls, and I got the stands, everyone happy :). I'm really glad the LE dolls all come with stands!

Shivatopia, the Kaiser stands are the ones I'm familiar with and i just don't like the look of them. The just look too . . .solid to me. In my dream world I want an acrylic/clear base on them.

Oktober1995, that's an awesome deal! Everybody wins!

I've no advice for doll stands for larger dolls I'm afraid, but I'm a deboxer too! MAJOR deboxer, nothing stays boxed bwahaha. Opening it is 50% of the joy!

The only doll I've de-boxed is my Designer Maleficent. I bought an extra one to keep perfect but the one that's out, I cut the cardboard backing off the base so that she still stands on the box base with her name on it... Sacrilege I know... but I love how she looks :)

Shivatopia, the Kaiser stands are the ones I'm familiar with and i just don't like the look of them. The just look too . . .solid to me. In my dream world I want an acrylic/clear base on them.

Well, if kaiser doll stands are too "solid" for you, have you considered the Fashion Royalty saddle doll stands made by Integrity Toys? These would be for the 12" dolls. To my knowledge, they are not sold separately, so a secondary market like eBay is where you would most likely find them. That said, because they do come from deboxed Fashion Royalty dolls, they are usually not very economic when it comes to obtaining them (for all those people on DS's facebook who pshaw spending $100+ on a doll, they obviously never met collectors of Fashion Royalty or BJDs).

Here is a link to a photograph from a doll collector's flickr (not mine) that shows this type of stand with an acrylic base (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pegnsatx/753006610/). Personally, I hate saddle-type doll stands as it looks like a rod is going straight up into the doll's you-know-where, but I think this is probably more of what you were looking for, right?

That is exactly what I want for a base but your comment about placement makes me giggle, and the don't work so well with the boys either. I've googled the heck out of acrylic stands. I may just have to make my own.

I dont see the point of keeping things inside the box, you might aswell have a poster in my opinion. why buy it if you cant play? xD but i see why people do. I dont use stands but manage to pose them so they're supported seroptisiously .

I am a unrepentant deboxer. I love displaying and having the dolls interact with each other. I had a few tragedies when keeping my dolls in boxes, so I said that was the end of that and set them free. I really enjoy seeing them. When I first deboxed I had forgot about a lot of the dolls I had purchased, so now I get to see them all of the time.

I use the Kaiser stands as well. They don't take up as much space as the chunkier kind so I can fit more dolls into a space.

I LOVE to debox as well!!!!!! ;) In my opinion, I think when collectors leave everything in boxes, it starts looking like a store........However, I keep my designer collection and 17 inch dolls in their box, everything else gets deboxed;)

I can't stand keeping dolls in their boxes! When I was little, I would talk to my dolls and treat them like their actual characters, and when I would debox them, I would be saving the princesses from the evil workers in China that boxed her up!
...so I always debox my dolls.

Do you have a micheals near you? They have stands for allllllll kinds of dolls!! Even giant dolls!

I'm only half of a de-boxer...it really depends on the box art. Like the Monster High Catty Noir doll, her box art is so amazing, but I really want her to go on sale so I can get one to de-box too ,_,

I dont see the point of keeping things inside the box, you might aswell have a poster in my opinion. why buy it if you cant play? xD but i see why people do. I dont use stands but manage to pose them so they're supported seroptisiously .

This is what I do too, unless the doll came with a stand...then I use the stand to give them gravity defying fabulous poses!

On eBay, they will usually have a mention of being for Barbie or 11.5"-12.5" dolls. They may also mention the Fashion Royalty dolls by Integrity. These dolls are all the same approximate size. On amazon.com, they are listed as being for 11"-12" dolls.

Avoid any other size range listings if you want the stands for your DS Classic/Designer dolls. Definitely avoid the doll stands that are for 6.5"-11" (these are too small) and also the ones that mention that they are for Ken dolls/Action figures (the waist clip is too big). Keep in mind that the same doll stands for the Barbie size can also easily be used for male dolls of the same scale (the DS princes).

If you want doll stands for your 17" LE dolls, they do make kaiser doll stands for that size, too.
[/QUOTE Thank you very much that really help, I also collect Monster high dolls and the plastic stand that comes with them is really bad, any suggestion with them

Thank you very much that really help, I also collect Monster high dolls and the plastic stand that comes with them is really bad, any suggestion with them

Let me experiment with my (few) MH dolls to see if the Barbie-sized kaiser doll stands are appropriate. I think the waist clip may be small enough for them, too, but maybe not. MH dolls have ghoulishly thin bodies!

I'm not sure if you're still looking, or if these are QUITE what you're after but I saw some clear stands on ebay. Seeing as ebay links are not allowed to be posted on here though I'll just give you the eBay item number: 380763133440

StandClearNoLogoB1.JPG

Whoop whoop! Another deboxer here. I considered keeping my LE Ariel in her box and that lasted exactly one week. I had to free her. .....mainly so I could touch and pose her. Now she and Ursula sit next to each other in my office on my work desk. My dad came in and saw that and said, "Is that allowed? I mean, she's the bad guy right?" LOL I busted up.
Of course I still have the boxes stored away, but I am much happier letting them sit open.

I'm not sure if you're still looking, or if these are QUITE what you're after but I saw some clear stands on ebay. Seeing as ebay links are not allowed to be posted on here though I'll just give you the eBay item number: 380763133440

StandClearNoLogoB1.JPG

That's a definite possibility. I could trim the top if needed. I just don't know why they won't make me what I want!! ;)

speaking of stands!! does anyone know some good stands for the animator collection dolls?

i bought a few stands that ended up being too tall so i hooked them around the dolls' necks but it looks awkward and the dolls still lean to the sides.
ideally i'd want something that holds the dolls like so.
anyone have any recommendations?

I dont have my Animators dolls on stands, mine all seem to stand up on their own so I have never found a need for them ... You might find some suitable ones for large porcelain dolls might be the right size though, as I know they come in all sort of sizes. Good luck with your search though ;)

I also de-box my dolls. Unless it was like.. a doll from the 90's I found from the thrift store still in the box in pretty good condition
and worth a good amount of money. Like, if I found the Melody doll they made years ago I wouldn't de-box her.

But, I have de-boxed all my dolls, even when I said I wasn't going too. I understand why people keep theirs in their box. But, I like to pick mine up
and fix their hair sometimes. My animator dolls I like to put on different outfits for photo's I take, or just cause I like too.
I feel like if they are in the box, then I might re-sell them one day.
So, I have to let them be free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back