• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Dear Most Wonderful People in the World:

ZAPPED! Dear Most Wonderful People in the World:

lwrn2

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
THANK YOU !!! :)

I had to start out with that, even though it is in no way adequate to express my emotions on opening up the huge box of love and goodies that came my way this week.

I recognized Selen's writing and thought it was maybe some of her delicious cookies that she has been nice enough to share with me in the past. After all, those have to be wrapped in tons of bubble wrap so they don't break, right? So they would need a big box, right? My week was painfully overscheduled and I set the "cookies" aside as a reward to myself if I could just get through Thursday. Then Selen sent me a carefully worded, "so did you get my box...?" email and I felt bad, thinking I should tell her I have it and I'm thrilled and I'm going to eat those cookies tomorrow, so I opened it and OH MY GOD. Little did I know or even ever suspect that you all would have RAK'd me!!!:bowdown:

My kids were eating dinner and had a front-row view of me as I stood there bawling the whole time, taking out package after package. I can't believe your generosity. The amount of love, thought and time that went into this brought me to tears. I can't thank you enough!

For those who don't know (I feel like I've been away for DPF for years at this point), I have been working at completing prerequisites for the RN nursing program for a few years now. I took my prereqs slowly because my kids were young and I'm their only (living) parent. (I was widowed when our youngest child was 2). I was a French and ESL teacher in my former life but have always had an interest in nursing as well. After my husband's illness and death, I was so moved by the amazing care we received from hospice that I thought I would change careers and if I could do for one person what they did for me, well, I might feel his death had some meaning.

Fast forward to this January, and I finally started the program. Everyone told us it would be difficult; I had no idea how right they were. It is more like boot camp than any academic program I've ever been in before. The work is unrelenting and the teachers are very tough. In the midst of this, my son totaled the car (luckily no one hurt) which he was using to help drive the other kids, I have had health problems, April is always hard because it is the month my husband died. I was seriously soul-searching, feeling alone in the world and questioning if I should even be attempting this at all. I can't even put into words how touched and loved I felt when I got your wonderful gift. Tears are welling up even now as I type this. I had just been composing my "I'm back!" message in my mind for when I finish the semester and could get back to DPF and some pin fun. I hoped people would even remember who I was and I have no doubt of that now. :)

Here are just a few pictures of the glorious bounty bestowed on me this week:

RAKApril201411_zps007d2def.jpg

The kind words of encouragement that lifted me up:

RAKApril20148_zpsd2a9b963.jpg

The amazing pins:

RAKApril201410_zps1c5fc165.jpg

The treats that are going to get me through finals week! :):
RAKApril20149_zpsc3f612f9.jpg

Hope's amazing scrapbook personalized just for me:
RAKApril20146_zpsfdd5327e.jpg

Check this out!!

RAKApril20143_zps79eba795.jpg

My heart is so full. You have reached out and made me feel so loved. I can never thank you enough! Please know your kindness came at the best possible time and gave me much needed encouragement. Thank you Selen for thinking of me, and to all of you for your unbelievable generosity. I will never forget this!! :)

With big hugs and much love,
Laura :hug:

How amazing! I am so sorry to hear that your having such a hard time but it will get better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats on all the lovely gifts! :hug:

How wonderful! Congratulations! What a great welcome back for when you're able to rejoin us. You certainly deserve a little pin fun, and I love seeing fellow Wisconsinites on the forum. :)

Awww poop! If I knew that one of those packages contained the Pascal pins my daughter wanted, I would have not forwarded that :wat:

How so very awesome and so deserved!! I'm sorry to hear you've been going through some difficult times, but my heart was warmed at seeing the beautiful gifts our amazing DPF members out together for you <3 thanks for sharing the pics with us and happy impromptu rak!! :hug:

Laura! So nice to see you back, missed you! :hug:
I didn't know you where going through all this and I am so sorry to read.
Hope things get better for you soon and so nice you got all these amazing gifts from people from DPF, congrats! :D

Laura, congratulations on going back to school and weathering the toughness of it all!!! You are loved here and I am so happy you have the opportunity to see it.

Glad you got it at the perfect time! You are missed here and we can not wait for your return to us! Get the yucky stuff over with and come back!

very happy this RAK arrived at a good time! It was fun putting something together for you & hoping it gave you a smile! I very much admire your dedication & determination! :)

Congrats on all the cool stuff, Selen is so awesome for setting this up for you!! We all wish you well in your future nursing aventure!

Back