• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Fairytale Disney Store Doll launch dates and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Fairytale Disney Store Doll launch dates and info

fluffystitch

Active DPF Member
Rating - 93.9%
31   2   0
So I recently went into my local disney store and I talked to the staff. This is the following information I inquired regarding the release dates for the FairyTale collection:

Doll launch dates
  • Snow and the Prince: August 20th
  • Rapunzel and Flynn Rider: September 3rd
  • Jasmine and Aladdin: September 17th
  • Belle and te Beast: October 1st
  • Ariel and Eric: October 15th

The CM I talked to said the DS are going to adopt the rules of last year. Vouchers will be handed out at around Noon to One. At approx. 1:10pm the raffle begins and names will be chosen by the designated CM. Guests who are chosen will then be able to purchase the set.

Eligibility
-Must be 18 years of age
-Voucher for voucher selection
-Valid photo ID
-The money, duh!

Other merchandise that will be sold are the Journals, Notecards, Nail Polishes, Tees, etc

Hope this helps some of you guys :wavey:

-Jonathan C

Last edited:
Next Couple
Release Date:August 20th

photo1_zps370ccfee.jpg

Last edited:
As bummed as I am about the raffle/drawing, at least I can sleep in during those days!

As bummed as I am about the raffle/drawing, at least I can sleep in during those days!
I was thinking of going to each release and try to get a set for people who signed up here on the forum. So if I do get a couple then the person who was signed up could get one in case they couldn't go to the store themselves.

I'm kinda glad about the raffle because its really the only fair way, dealing with the general public. I know for the designer princesses, I was EXTREMELY annoyed, at the family of 10 including grandma buy up a stock pile of dolls...as we had to watch them take most of the dolls that the actual disney store got in:/

I'm kinda glad about the raffle because its really the only fair way, dealing with the general public. I know for the designer princesses, I was EXTREMELY annoyed, at the family of 10 including grandma buy up a stock pile of dolls...as we had to watch them take most of the dolls that the actual disney store got in:/

I completely agree, I think it is rather ingenious. No crazy lines, no fighting over who was first, no rushing, no risk of injuries....in theory, its perfect. Fair will be fair. It will be calm. Sure, there will be disappointment. There always will be. There is no way to please everyone.

And, if you miss out in the raffle in-store, you can try online (perhaps with some disdain, but it is an option!). Even more fair, because everyone has a chance at once.

Good question Adelayde, I would like to know myself. I'm actually already satisfied that we know which stores are selling them this time around. I think I might give one of the stores, a call and see what they say.

It hasn't bothered me before as I didn't have a store close enough for me to get to, so I just ordered online. Do you know if the dolls are being released in stores a day early in the UK and then the next day online?

Hmmmm....so now it isn't a release of Aug. 20 in stores and Aug. 21 online? It's all on the 20th????

Last edited:
I read somewhere here that Europe will get the dolls in stores and online on 21st? There was a banner but I can't access the UK shop and it's not up yet on the german one.

Last edited:
Apparently it was a mistake , the doll wasn't supposed to be on sale today , so now the sale is closed but those who ordered their doll , are going to receive it !

yes it was online during an hour. if people who ordered didn't exceed the two per household, they will recieve it. if they exceed the two per household rule, they won't have it, their order will be cancelled.

Does anyone think they do this on purpose because surely such a big company cannot be so incompetent! Not that their isn't enough hype surrounding these dolls as it is?! They just come off so bad with the stupid 'mistakes'.

I just don't see how a huge company like Disney can continue to make mistakes like selling the dolls a whole 5 days early.

As for the raffle I'm glad the DS is doing it that way as it gives everyone a fair chance. My husband slept in front of the Disney store for my princesses. Our local store only for 7 sets and a couple of extras. He was third in line at 2 am and anyone that arrived after 4am didn't get anything.

Snow was up for a short time!!??! I hope some of you were lucky enough to order her!

There was a family like this at my store too! Grandma was left in the dust when they all ran for the front of the line. When she caught up they let her in line in front of us. They ALL got each of the five princesses and they were selling them immediately to people in line who didn't get a doll (outside in the parking lot).

Snow was up for a short time!!??! I hope some of you were lucky enough to order her!

There was a family like this at my store too! Grandma was left in the dust when they all ran for the front of the line. When she caught up they let her in line in front of us. They ALL got each of the five princesses and they were selling them immediately to people in line who didn't get a doll (outside in the parking lot).
Yep, there was a sea of disney designer bags by the mother of the clan, as the rest of her family were carrying out bags of dolls:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back