DHS Film Clapboard Mystery Pins

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by maxtrexmom, Sep 17, 2017.

1. maxtrexmom

maxtrexmom Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

I got a trade request for the Buzz Lightyear from this set:

http://www.pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=84852

The person asked me to "confirm my pin measures 1 1/4 inches across the bottom, rather than 1 3/4 inches."

I'm confused because my pin is 1 3/4 inches and so is the other pin I have from that set. I still have the box it came in, although it's been years since I bought it. I looked on PinPics to see if there were any notes about different sizes and I can't find anything. Was there some kind of discrepancy with the sizes of this set?

2. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I would LOVE to know the answer to this if anyone has insight. Below is an example of the two sizes. I originally thought the smaller ones were legit and the bigger ones weren't but then I heard from a number of folks that they received the bigger ones directly from Disney so started thinking it was the other way around. But they both look high quality and legit so I am wondering if they just released two different sizes at different times. Anyone know for sure what the story is?
    [​IMG][/URL]image by aaron klein, on Flickr[/IMG]

3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

I don't know about this specific set. I do know that in the past they have released mystery boxes that have had different sizes at different times. One such example is the princess silhouettes.