• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Artwork (Warning: Image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Artwork (Warning: Image heavy)

Luna_Ray

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Dunno if this is the right place to post this, apologies if it needs to go someplace else (I'm not actually selling atm so I'm hesitant to post in the marketplace thread). I would like some advice from collectors and also from other artists if at all possible. I have been doing some Disney art for a while (usually digital fanart) but recently decided to start up some actual physical paintings. I see some people making money off their artwork and wonder if I could do the same to help save up for a trip to a very happy place I've always wanted to visit and some of my grail collector items I missed out on. I've never sold artwork before, I usually just did sketches for people if they requested it or a quick piece of digital art for some friends to use when they were experimenting with making graphics like signatures and such. Anyways, I was wondering for a start if people would actually be willing to buy my artwork (I'll provide pictures of my watercolour paintings below), and if so for how much? If any artists out there could let me know about their experiences with selling and pricing (I honestly have no idea, not even a ballpark, what to price my work at) I would be super duper appreciative of it! Right now I've been working with watercolours on illustration board and also watercolour paper in various sizes.

S6BzTxU.jpg
50ahATQ.jpg
this Pocahontas piece is done on illustration board

The following is a Maleficent picture I started this week on watercolour paper (includes Maleficent, the raven, dragon, roses, and thorns)

10oUppI.jpg
cSBOpW0.jpg
And the two of them side by side to show current progress

I can also make quick digital drawings such as this

9c8Iy68.jpg
Posted on my deviantart account as listed in the watermark, account name is xAppleChaix

What an interesting art style! I really like it, and I'm sure someone would be interested in buying the paintings. If you decided to take commissions you'll probably be pretty successful. As for pricing, I usually tell people to just imagine what they're most comfortable getting per hour (factoring in art supply prices) and then price it based on the time and effort that went into the piece. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice :) I will definitely do commissions (including non-Disney characters) should things go well, I just needed something to show in the meantime. Have you sold artwork before? I've been drawing and painting and whatnot for as long as I can remember, but I've never once sold any artwork so I'm pretty new to all of this

I haven't personally, but a few close family members occasionally sell crafts and that's generally how they price.

That's great, thanks for the advice, it's very helpful! I also knit and do other crafts so I can apply that to my other projects as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back