• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Auctions Holograms...question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Auctions Holograms...question

kidup

What's your damage?
Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Hey everyone :)
I hope you are all having an awesome day!! I've always wondered this, some of my Stitch DA pins don't have holograms and some do. Did DA do holograms for a while? Or was it just on certain pins? :)

I don't know why some have them and others don't. Also, not sure when DA started using them or if they used them on just their lower edition pins but I do know some of the Masterpiece pins have them and some don't. Maybe someone else will know :)

Maria, I don't think kidup was questioning the fake Disney Auction pin's hologram (as in the discussion you gave in your link). I believe kidup is wanting to know why DA put holograms on some of their pins but not on others.
I've always wondered this, some of my Stitch DA pins don't have holograms and some do. Did DA do holograms for a while? Or was it just on certain pins? :)

Maybe you or someone else can provide a link - I've never seen one, myself.

Hi,
I guess I did not make it clear enough yesterday. Sorry about that, but I was in a hurry and trying to help at the same time. I was trying to get kidup to read this particular paragraph.
In case anyone is confused, it is important to note that many DA pins do not have the hologram, nor should they. Disney Auctions didn't always use the hologram. They started that later on....maybe half way through....around 2004? I don't know exactly when they started.... But, they also only put them on the LE 100's and a few of the LE 250's. I don't recall ever seeing a DA pin with an edition size higher then 250 with a hologram. So, obviously, most DA pins will not have the hologram.

I thought this would help kidup, because it explains when holograms were done. He wanted to know why some pins have holograms and others do not, and also if DA did them for a while or on certain pins. I did not mean for the entire post to be read. Hope this makes more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back