• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Big figs. Do you collect them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Big figs. Do you collect them?

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Just curious if anyone else collects these guys. My family and I have some (which I'll post pictures of later) but I'd love to see any that you guys might have. Also, does anyone know if they've stopped making these? During my recent trip to Disneyland I noticed that they have less of them for sale. Usually there's a good number of them for sale at the Disneyana and Off the Page shops. I only saw at most 4. I hope they continue to make them. They're pretty cool collectables!

- Alex

I have 5. The white rabbit, Dumbo in bath tub, Rafiki, 10th anniversary Lion King and the Wilderness Lodge totem pole. My parents do collect these and have dozens of them. I'm not sure if they've broken 100 of them yet, or not. Oh, I just remembered another one I have. The Belle & Beast. I need to find a space for that one, it lives in the box in the garage right now.

we have a few, vampire mickey from DS.com, Dancing Jack and Sally from Disney parks, Jack and zero in the fountain from DS, jack holding his own head from DS. Sally and Dr F from Ds. com (also called garden sculpture) and also although it is not a "Big fig" the WDCC jack as the pumpkin king (It's massive and huge for a porcelain) If we had more good shelf space (and cash) we would have more I am sure.

I have only one Disney Big Figurine, depicting characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Sally is pushing Doctor Finklestein in his wheelchair, with Igor his assistant standing next to him, and a reindeer skull lying on the ground. Doc's skull opens up to show his brain, as in the movie. I bought it about 8 years ago from Disneyland, and have it on permanent display in my home. Here's a photo (different from the one I posted in another thread):

Doctor Finkelstein and Sally Big Figurine by drj1828, on Flickr

I have one. There's not enough room in my living room for more. It's Tinker Bell pouting and she's sitting on a spool of thread. Absolutely gorgeous, but she takes up alot of real estate.

I love big figs!!! I have the ones below but most are in storage because I have no place for them yet. :( Sorry for some of the bad pics, they were the best I could find.

$(KGrHqEOKo4E3udBvWpqBOC--3B(3g~~0_35.JPG
AAAAAjx5JOMAAAAAAN0fHw.jpg
AAAAAj4tUEMAAAAAAHXdTA.jpg
mkt-bigfig.sorcerermickeymouse.jpg
2049026743_ef33aa05c7_z.jpg
clip_image072_0000.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKjgE4h2n6B3HBOUCLVp5(Q~~48_35.JPG
1_3cbd47556a89dfcf47d03124f47528cb.jpg
AAAAAtsVcZoAAAAAAHMipw.jpg
donald.jpg

I remember the HHG figures when they came out. Now those go for hundreds of dollars! Here are the figures my family and I have around the house:

IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Ok Alex...you have a long lost sister here.LOL!!!I need that Pirate one....all actually ..LOL!!Very Nice
Everyones are nice!!

Judy

Jedi mickey was just at DTD gallery store Wednesday of this week. there are a few new big figs out. Need a bigger house though.

i have a little mermaid ariel and friends big fig but really want other 2 little mermaid big figs .so if anyone parting with any very intersted in buying!

I have close to 150 Big Figs including the life size Big Figs of Steamboat Willie and Sorcerer Mickey with the Broomstick.

29766373_scaled_240x240.jpg
32949166.jpg

Since I am a big Tink fan I also have every single Tink Big Fig released. Japan also releases Big Figs some are the same as the US ones but many aren't.

I collect as much info and pics on big figs as I can find as there is very little info on the internet about them. I have been thinking about starting a informational website for them and have gone through all my old Disney catalogs (I admit I am a pack rat I kept every single issue LOL) tagging the pages and looking at previous ones that were released.

When I was at WDW in Dec they had quite a few Big Figs at the Art of Disney Store at DTD. The newest trend though is that they are repeating previously released Big Figs but on a smaller scale - such as Minnie Poppins, Alice, White Rabbit, Chip and Dale etc. so if you are looking for the originals be sure to look at the dimension sizes as you might be buying the smaller cheaper versions.

I have one. There's not enough room in my living room for more. It's Tinker Bell pouting and she's sitting on a spool of thread. Absolutely gorgeous, but she takes up alot of real estate.

I love that one too! Plus it's also a Disney Auction limited edition one
Here's a pic of it:
242911475_o.jpg

Since I am a big Tink fan I also have every single Tink Big Fig released. Japan also releases Big Figs some are the same as the US ones but many aren't.

I collect as much info and pics on big figs as I can find as there is very little info on the internet about them. I have been thinking about starting a informational website for them and have gone through all my old Disney catalogs (I admit I am a pack rat I kept every single issue LOL) tagging the pages and looking at previous ones that were released.

If you decide to do it, and need help, I'll be happy to lend a hand. My parents probably have about the same number as you. They are trying to cut back, but then they keep finding them for cheap. I'm not sure they would be excited to know that Japan has different ones!

Jim Hill had an article about them back in 2004. http://jimhillmedia.com/guest_writers1/b/cindy_russell/archive/2004/08/26/1621.aspx and part 2 http://jimhillmedia.com/guest_writers1/b/cindy_russell/archive/2004/12/09/1627.aspx . At the bottom of the 2nd article is a link to an excel file, with a checklist at that time, but its now long out of date.

Thanks for the offer I may just take you up on it!

Those articles were written by Cindy Russell she used to have a Disney collectible store in CA along with a website and would keep it updated with new releases and she was also going to publish a book on big figs but due to failing health she closed down the store and website and the book was never published.

wow..thats so cool... i wish we could see all the ones u have.. good job on ur collection... so very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back