• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Haute Couture Villians

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries let me know what Maleficent looks like as I am contemplating getting her and I think you have just convinced me that I should! Lol

they are pretty amazing figures though. Are you ping to collect more?

I've got 3 of the princesses (Cinderella, Belle and Aurora) and have Maleficent for Christmas. Haven't gone for the other villains yet or Snow White but hope to get some more before the next set are released. Are more villains on the way? I know of Rapunzel, Tink, Jasmine and Ariel but any others?

I haven't heard anything about more villains but I hope they do Ursula!
I don't no if I will buy any more but if I do it would be the evil queen and cruella as I much prefer the villains. However I quite like Cinderella as she has her proper darker blonde hair!
I will let you know what I think of Maleficent after Christmas:) But from pictures etc I love her!

I got mine from H Samuel a jewellery store, and they are £45. They are fairly expensive but then everything is that's Disney and they do look expensive and high quality. And they seem bigger than I expected. I don't own any but I do like the Jim shore Disney collectibles but these are so much nicer and higher quality.

I bought the Couture de Force Cruella de Vil and Maleficent figures. The Cruella de Vil figure was a gift for my mom for her birthday (Cruella is my mom's favorite villainess). They are both fantastic. I think I like the Cruella figure a tad bit more than Maleficent, who looks a bit too "nice" (but I just had to get her to go with my Philip & Aurora Enesco figure) But these are really fantastic figurines, with incredible details.

Enesco Couture de Force: Cruella de Vil - 01 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Enesco Couture de Force: Cruella de Vil - 06 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Couture de Force Maleficent by Enesco by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Couture de Force Maleficent by Enesco by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Finding True Love & Couture de Force Maleficent by Enesco by Shivatopia, on Flickr

I gifted my friend Cruella, might have to get myself one to go with Maleficent. Thanks for the pics btw!

Maleficent is beautiful and while the facial expression is nicer than other Maleficent Merchandise it makes a nice change and reminds me of when she turns up at the christening and she is being quite nice until she starts cursing the baby.

I can't wait for the 2nd wave of these statuetes. I'm mostly excited for Rapunzel! Hopefully we get a 3rd wave, I would love to see how they will design Ursula, Mulan and the new Frozen princess :D .

I've got Maleficent and Aurora here for my sisters, if you guys want pictures, let me know. :)

My Hallmark has Ariel, Jasmine, and Tinkerbell

I can't wait for the 2nd wave of these statuetes. I'm mostly excited for Rapunzel! Hopefully we get a 3rd wave, I would love to see how they will design Ursula, Mulan and the new Frozen princess :D .

Anyone know if the designer of these figures is still an active forum member? Maybe we could ask her? I am with you though id love to see them do more of the princesses. They have yet to do one ethnic princess :p LOL

By the way it looks like the next lot of figures have been released on Disney Store.com

Ariel, Tinkerbell, Jasmine and Rapunzel

usually I'd be jumping up and down in joy at the idea of a rapunzel figurine, but I really dislike this one. She looks overdone and I can't get over her wearing pearl earrings, I suppose I prefer realism with my figurines I guess.....

I'm not keen on the Rapunzel either, their is too much going on I think.I like the sculpt used for Aurora but not the colours they used. The villains defiantly look better. I might have to track down the evil queen and Cruella to keep Maleficent company :)

I hope theirs another wave with Ursula and Lady Tremaine!

I am with you though id love to see them do more of the princesses. They have yet to do one ethnic princess :p LOL

Well, to be fair they did make a Jasmine figure in the new releases of the Enesco collection, now available on DS.com. :) But yes, sadly, I see them making an Elsa figure in-line with this collection way before they would make a Pocahontas or a Mulan figure. Tiana has a decent chance, too.

I'm not keen on the Rapunzel either, their is too much going on I think.I like the sculpt used for Aurora but not the colours they used. The villains defiantly look better. I might have to track down the evil queen and Cruella to keep Maleficent company :)

I hope theirs another wave with Ursula and Lady Tremaine!

I agree that most of the 4 new figures have a lot of things going on. The most "toned down" is Jasmine, whose embellishments are not too much and really work with her outfit. I love the illusion on the Jasmine figure for her sleeves, which make them seem like a sheer fabric so that you can see glimpses of the shape of her arms. That was really well thought out!

But overall, especially with the first wave, the villains stood out a lot more to me, too. I would have bought Aurora, but there was something about her face that did not attract me enough to get her. The effect on her gown is pretty with the pink and blue.

Last edited:
I do like Jasmine, out of all the new wave she is my favourite! Ariel is the worst one IMO. I agree with you that their was something off with Auroras face. We need more Villians. I haven't seen the designer post anything recently so we can't ask if their will be more!

Rapunzel is a little too cutesy for me, but I expect I will get her if I see her. Hoping to get Snow White at the weekend if I can brave the shops, trying to get one of these every pay day!

Well, to be fair they did make a Jasmine figure in the new releases of the Enesco collection, now available on DS.com. :) But yes, sadly, I see them making an Elsa figure in-line with this collection way before they would make a Pocahontas or a Mulan figure. Tiana has a decent chance, too.

LOL you know its funny I was going through my head that I know I am missing one ethnic princess and I just couldnt remember which was silly coz I did also mention that they just released Jasmine on the DisneyStore site :p LOL

I am so sorry I definitely retract that statement but yes I would love to see more princesses haha.

I can see what people are referring to with Rapunzel and yes I do agree there is a lot going on and the pearl earring does throw her off a bit but that being said it isnt a bad figure of Rapunzel and out of the entire set she is not the best. I dont have any of these yet as I have been focusing on dolls and pins (at the expo I was close to buying Aurora but ended up putting her back on the shelf as I just couldnt justify buying her then, plus she was priced at $75) I may just buy the ones I like with these figures instead of trying to buy all of them as there are a few that I am not completely sold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back