• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Ordering Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Ordering Errors

erudolf

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
UHHHHHHGHGHGHGHG!!! To date I have been *fairly* luckly in that I haven't encountered many of the nightmare ordering errors that Disneystore.com is famous for but it looks like my lucky streak has ended!

When the Halloween Train Set popped back up last week I bought one. What I got was this set:

It was even in the Train Set packaging! So I just called and they tell me that the Train Set is sold out (duh!) and that they can send UPS out to collect this set. Ok....when will they send UPS? In the next 3-5 days anywhere from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! I'm just supposed to sit around and wait for them??? So then she told me that I could just leave the package out....seriously?!?!? So that any person that walks by my apartment building can just take it???!!! So, the only other option is that they send me a shipping lable and then I'll have to find a UPS facility to drop it off. So, what it all boils down to is that I don't get the item I ordered AND I have have to jump through hoops just to get my money back leaving me inconvienced with nothing to show for it.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Disneystore.com has sure been making it really easy for me to not want to buy anything from them lately....

Ok, rant over....I just had to get that out there.

Anyone else having issues with the sales items that have been reappearing?

.co.uk is no better either.

When the Gaston pin was released two weeks ago I bought a few things to make it up to the free postage. I bought a huge Heffalump toy and when the parcel came it was a small box. There was obviously no lumpy. Phoned them up and they said sorry they were out of stock so would refund me. However the refund only cleared yesterday!!! So they had MY money for 2 weeks. I am not a bank!

I made a big order last night and if something is missing I will go mad!!!

Martin :)

I really wish they would mess up my order and send me a butt load of extra stuff! That would be awesome!....like J Lo booty amounts of extra pins :p

I have had NUMEROUS issues with them I ordered a couple of sets and my payment cleared my bank. Then 2 weeks and many phone calls later no pin sets took me another week to get my money refunded. I also ordered a one set and they sent a different one and got the same run around you did about shipping it back. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they eventually went ahead and credited my acct and sent me a label. When I asked how come they cant keep track of their inventory and not "over sell" an item I was told that the system just cant keep up with the orders .....hmmmm okay get a new system. UGHHHHHH

I'm currently having the same issue as the OP. They said they were going to send UPS to come pick it up, but... I'm at a PO Box. So UPS can't show up there. So they are supposed to be e-mailing me a shipping label, but I haven't receved anything yet. We'll see what happens!

LOL

Anyone who has been in chat knows I've been venting.

First, I order Boys Club set and it's delayed one month. Okay, so I call, e-mail, and e-mail again and every single time I got a 100% that my order was coming. A month later, I get ANOTHER backorder notification for one more month. Then I get angry and write to them and I get a message telling me it was indeed sold out. Seriously?

And then the second time more recently I did a co-op for the BatB Stained Glass set and I buy and they charge me! And then I get the same exact email saying it has been backordered a month. And when I ask for my money back, Paypal takes a good $6 out of it for some odd reason (God, I hate Paypal). So, I'm out 6 bucks and I got no set. Screw Disney Store.

I ordered the Tinkerbell Rainbow 3 pin set last week when it popped up on sale. When it arrived, there was only 1 pin! So I called Disney & they refunded the full price, but let me keep the one pin. So, I guess I can't complain too much!

I hadn't ordered from them in almost a year because I've just had too many problems. I'd rather trade for the pin even if I have to trade something a little "nicer". It's worth it to me. Of course, recently I saw the advent sets on sale and decided to order one set because I really wanted a couple of the pins. When the small packet arrived-obvious it did not have a 6 pc set in it-I realized it's just not worth it to order from them anymore. They sent me a random Tink pin, which I am to "donate". And of course, the advent set was sold out. Luckily I did receive my Paypal refund within 24 hrs......

I received my last order a couple of weeks ago, and they put in two tinker bell pins, I did not order them and they were not on my invoice, so I did not pay for them this is the second time they have sent me extra pins, not complaining about it, last year I put in a huge order and they said that a lot of the chip and dale pins I wanted were out of stock, and refunded me my money, when I got that package they were all there, a total of $80 in free pins, even called them up to say that I received them (wanted to be honest) and the person said that they were all out and that I did not receive them, I told her I did and they were in my hands, she thought I was mistaken.
I have an order that should be here any day, so I am hoping that they will all be in the box, I ordered the princess medallion, stitch christmas 3 pin set, and the carriage set, I just love it when they have there big sale.

If I were u I would call back and ask to speak to a manager there is NO way that you should have this happen and get nothing to show for it! When they sent me a less than great pin I called and they gave me a credit plus a little extra and didnt want me to send the pin back so if I were u I would call again!!!

So far I haven't had too many problems with them. I've had to call them a few times about quality control, but that's about it.

I'm getting nervous now. I ordered the princess crown set last month and they said it was backordered. I said I was ok with this as I want the set. Then I got another email saying that it will take longer than 30 days to come in the mail. I really want this set so I hope it isn't sold out, but I have a bad feeling now:(

I just received confirmation that the princess medallion pin set I ordered is sold out. Disney says they're sorry for any disappointment. It would have been nice to find out a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back