• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney store uk does it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney store uk does it again!
oh right theres me thinking lnt was 300 XD! no ya right though if ya get both of your lnt pins maybe only a few people got their orders halved? Who knows the way they are working it out.

It does suck that they didn't apologize for over charging you though </3

I realised that after reading Masamune's post, I wasn't sure if what I wrote actually translated properly from the thoughts in my head into words. I'm very grateful that Disney are trying to make things right, and therefore, I am not annoyed that I'm only getting 1. The 20% off codes that they've been handing out will also mean that the next Vinylmation set that is released that I want, I'll be getting a lot more VMs for my money, and that's great!

(I hoping that I now don't sound like a hypocrite, since I'm generally not on one side or the other on these discussions, but rather hovering around the middle)

Although, I can also see that if Disney continues to give away pins before release as an apology, it probably is going to get out of hand. Hopefully that maintainance (although badly timed) is the start of giving the site the boost it needs to make it more fair. I think also, depending on what Disney will confirm as their official rules of purchase (aka, 2 Pins Per Customer, or 2 Pins Per Customer per Transaction), Disney can make quite a few changes to the way the site works in general, so that say if Disney wanted it to be "2 Pins Per Customer" in total, then improving the database on the customer's side, could allow for the evaluation of orders by the same account or exact details in a day for the certain product purchased, instead of after they've all been sold, to avoid people making multiple orders. Obviously, people would still try and find ways around that, but at least it would show that Disney are taking it seriously. In store purchasing, with reports of pins not authorising on the tills because of a new way to stop pins being sold early, show that Disney is doing something.

Hopefully that made sense.

Last edited:
I agree, Im glad disney are atleast trying to make up for their mistakes, but sometimes a free pin doesnt really make up for the one you have lost, for example of its a more sought after topic etc...I wish they would sort these issues out with their website as it's letting the whole pin-trading , and loyal disney customers down badly, and not helping pin trading as a whole.

Can anyone tell me how long it is before you normally receive a reply to your emails?

I emailed them after the last debacle (and got ignored, let it go, but this time I'm even more annoyed). Sent an email last night to ask for a response to billing issue and the free pin issue and have heard nothing at all. If they ignore this email too they are going to get a rocket I can tell you.

I still haven't had a dispatch email or an email telling me I am not getting both pins which is very worrying!?

How about we wait and see if anyone actually gets the BatB pin? It would seem that they (1) either have to release the pin early in order to give it to people for free or (2) wait until the pin is released and then ship people's orders out (so no one can say "scrapper").

I posted a big rant about the whole situation on their Facebook wall yesterday....I got charged full postage + half price postage on top if that, so £7.42 for my order of 2 pins! just for postage....anyway, within 2 minutes my house phone rang, and it was disney store full of apologies, have fully refunded all my postage so I'm now happy, its juat a shame it takes that for them to contact you, and they didnt reply to my emails at all

Charlotte - thanks for the reply. I figure this is what is going to happen to me i.e. they ignore me AGAIN. How bad is it that when people complain they just ignore your emails!! What is that about! I have been in touch twice now to complain via email and it looks like they have ignored both of them! I have re-forwarded my email from last night simply stating "waiting for a response on this, thank you". I will continue to do this until they reply. If the refund is not in my bank tomorrow (that is the last working day) then I will contact trading standards. They have broken the law by overcharging and not giving the refund back within the required time. As for not apologising, what can I say other than shoddy CS - such a shame for a company like Disney to be run so badly :-(

I don't have facebook so can't post on there but know the number for trading standards :)

I'm usually quite laid back, but my they have got my goat up big style this time!

starry - people have been told by Disney that is what they will get, surely even Disney wouldn't tell them and renege (mind you going on the last few months CS who knows with Disney!). Plus I don't think they do need to/or will release the pin early. They will purely give to those they need to and release on the usual date (potentially minus around 200-300 pins though!)... Not good.

No prob DLPdreams - I find it really annoying too, and even more so as this is the 2nd order in a row I've had to chase up postage, it's not on, and wastes a lot of my time. Surely their system is capable of seeing that customers have been over charged for postage, as I doubt they wouldve contacted me if not for my rant on FB! It's terrible, I've come to expect more from disney and find myself dissappointed every order with some glitch or another,,,,,they never contact me regarding these issues(with exception for the designer dolls which were sent 24 hours late and the informed me of this by phone) and I always have to chase them up....and most of the time get some rude non-apologetic guest-service advisor on the phone....disney is losing its magic

Hi,
I actually got overcharged to but i realised right away and phoned right away. I also never seen the code box when purchasing so when I phoned ,the girl was very nice and put the code on for me :) but it is a bit annoying getting overcharged lol

Interesting to see Disney doesn't do much better with this in the UK than they do here.

I didn't see a code. Last month the discount came off automatically? And it had already come off as I had other things in my basket (two of which were eligible for discount postage). At the point before adding the pins, it was showing as postage at a discount - after adding them it was showing £7+ postage....?

BTW - they obviously got the message after I re-forwarded my email late this afternoon asking for a reply, as I have since had one. Nothing much although I did get an apology this time. My complaint has apparently been sent to Head Office - not sure what that will achieve but at least they have done something with it!

Last edited:
Maybe they just shouldn't sell pins on the website anymore. :) Just let the stores sell them.

They definately have to fix their issues, but if they ceased to sell pins online it would mean myself, and many of my friends would have to stop pin trading as I have a store no where near me - living in the scottish highlands, as with much of our services, we rely a lot on internet buying so I'm afraid I disagree. I hope disney don't do this.

I don't think they can win no matter what they do. There will always be someone who's not happy. I'm not blaming people for being angry because stuff is going wrong, but it's just one of those things. I'm of the mind that if I ever did miss out on a pin because of a problem with the website, I could always get it off eBay. I was more than willing to pay whatever was needed when the Gaston pin and the Ratigan pin was released. People act as if getting only 1 of the 2 pins they ordered is the end of the World. As long as they get 1 for their keepers, isn't that what's most important?

Sorry to hear the bad news - this happened to me 2 weeks ago and they dare not mess with me this time.

My order has just been confirmed 20mins ago and I am getting both pins.

Its good that you are getting the Belle Pin Free tho - beats the Cars 2 pins I got lol

I am pleased that recently disney have been apologising for their mistakes, and in some cases giving free pins etc which is a lovely gesture - 100% of people are never happy, its impossible, but at least disney are trying to make up for it, I just find it frustrating that there have been so many glitches lately, it must be blatantly obvious to them to implement a new system regarding pins and online sales....lets hope they update the site soon!! **fingers crossed** :D

ah so not everyone has had a pin cancelled? my oder went through at 5 02 I don't think I could possibly faster than that so I wonder how they figured out who wasn't getting 2? No matter my second one was technically for trading so I guess I will just have to use my free belle book as a trader instead ^_^!

Still happy disney is trying to make amends and just got my email to say my pin has been dispatched.

Hmmm - just got my despatch email. I too am getting both of my LATT pins. Unfortunately as I was so worried I wasn't going to get two (I have 2 DDs who are collectors so my second one doesn't tend to be for trade), I bought one at the Disney Store the next day (not that near me but I was going anyway for something else). I would rather not have done this but was worried as I don't like giving one child a pin without the other pin when it's one they have their hearts set on!?

So, as I know I am getting both my 2 ordered pins for my girls, I have one LATT pin going spare if anyone is interested? We are off to Paris in June so will try and trade there if no-one is interested (as I don't have enough posts I still can't post in for sale/wanted!).

We haven't been collecting long but if this fiasco keeps up (I'm literally dreading the Belle release as again both girls in particular my youngest is Belle mad!), then I will pull the plug and stop them collecting. Really not the way to go but I can't do with the stress and hassle every few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back