• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store UK question (e.g. that Tangled Pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store UK question (e.g. that Tangled Pin)
If anyone is looking another 5 have found there way onto eBay with 2 "Buy It Nows" - lowest of which is £35 but will only mail in the UK!!

Another seller has 6 for sale worldwide at £59.99 each ($93) - how the bloody hell did they get 6??? Now I am seriously pissed off!!

I saw that one and was amazed to see they got 6, thats some fishy business going on with that person as most stores Ive heard had about 4 at most.

I think with Disney changing the edition sizes on pins they really underestimated how many dedicated collectors/traders there are in the UK who are actually are wanting a pin for themselves to keep,some for trading friends and pins to trade for releases elsewhere in the world most of us would get 4 of each pin if we could(at least)the website has been having big problems for a while now(apologies to Chris who has a family member working on it) but i have had such hassles at time trying to order that where normally i'd of ordered loads in the run up to Xmas i only did one order when the animator dolls were released,tried to order in the sale and gave up and pin release days....well i always give it a go if i'm able to go online but have just come to the conclusion if it is a pin i want for my collection it is a bonus if i can get it via Disney and am expecting to pay over the odds now but i won't do that for pins to trade,you have to ask if this carries on will trading die off in the UK and we will find ourselves just trading in the parks as i know of a few collectors who have given up on collecting the UK pins and many more thinking about it unless things change.

Really hope Disney put some time,effort and money into sorting the issues out with the website and continue to train cms in the stores which do sell pins as so few sell them now i don't think it is wrong to expect those stores to have good knowledge of pin trading rules,releases and show a bit of enthusiasm i know this isn't all stores but quite a few we are still hearing bad reports from :(

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! So My orders got cancelled (i had ordered two for me on one order to be sent to my home and one for Sam - Dorsetcandy on another order to be sent to my work as she was unable place an order) and both of them have been cancelled because now according to the customer services girl (Becky) I spoke to it was one order per house hold. now i understand what i had done was breaking the rules for ordering a total of three pins rather two, but where did it state that it was one order per house hold rather than two per customer. I feel like im being penalized for having the same address as my sister (Ghostinthesnow), and what makes it worse is that disneystore didnt make any attempt to confirm or clearify that Charlotte and i are two different collectors and traders, nor did they make any attempt to contact me, it was only because i rang them to check that atleast one of my orders had gone through that the Becky had told me that one of Charlottes orders and both of mine had been cancelled because we had the same billing address. Now having spoken to charlotte she has since told me that her billing address is different to mine, and i had put down two different delivery addresses.

How can Disney make such as mistake as to change the rules in regards to two per customer / one order per house hold after an order has gone through, AND then not even work by there own set of new rules as between the two of us we had two different delivery addresses AND then cancel someones order and not tell them, dispite the fact there were two different names and contact numbers and email addresses and payment methods.

Disneystore UKs ordering system is now beyond a joke and it makes me angry that there sellers on eBay selling more of this pin than most stores had to sell today, when they wont even allow me to buy one pin just because i live with another pin trader.

And to add further insult to injury Disney have processed two transations from paypal dispite the fact one order was via paypal and the other by Card.

I wonder if Disneystore will do anything to make up for this sorry state of affairs or whether they'll just ignore the fact they have at least one very annoyed customer!

So was anyone actually able to order this pin without any sort of trouble?

So was anyone actually able to order this pin without any sort of trouble?

EErrr NO!!! Have also has 2 Paypal transactions taken for one order - knowing that there have been & now still are problems with the ordering system I would not let Disney anywhere near my Bank ac or card!!

If I get the pins then bonus for someone because I do not want them, if not then a Paypal dispute will be raised along with a VERY degrading letter to Disney Stores UK & Mr Miller!!

I was unable to get the pins as well. Issues with the website and not near a store which sells pins.

Time for a call to Trading Standards and Watchdog I think.

Thats why my friend Debbie is getting mine . Because she followed the rules . If the IP address was the same as you were using ... the same computer you used to order your pins, you forfeited your whole order . This is what she was told by a CM . This CM laughed about the greediness and that Disney UK has caught on to it . Or so they say !!! Who the he!! really knows .
They are giving everyone a fair chance .
The crashing is because, those that ordered 2 pins completed their orders and went right back to trying to order more from the same IP address . They give you an opportunity to get 2 pins, one to keep, one to trade . If you go against policy, they cancel your whole order .
Now I hope the CM told her the truth and she indeed got the pins . I will be gutted, if not !
The guy with 6 pins ? The only thing I can figure out is he had two computers , two different IP addresses . One business and one home computer/laptop ? Then perhaps went to a store and got two . Totally unfair, could have been a cast member or had a close friend that was a CM .

Last edited:
Hang on a minute there - the crashing is absolutely nothing to do with multiple orders. One of my friend's has been unable to place an order online for months because of this issue. And others I know have also had the same issue. So that is complete rubbish.

Secondly, what I suspect actually happened is that they put the whole allocation of 350 pins online, rather than whatever the number should've been, which caused the isse of too many orders, hence the pins from stores having to be sent back and all the palava that has followed/

For the record online orders have ALWAYS been 2 per order here, not 2 per guest or 2 per household. They're trying to use this to lay the blame at the door of anyone who placed more than 1 order, when actually it's their cock-up (as usual).

If we're talking greed, didn't you say that you were going to end up with 3 that you weren't even going to be keeping if they're selling at these prices?

You were talking about greed and Disney being aware of this. My point was not everyone who placed more than 1 order was doing it for profit. I'd promised some pins at cost price to people who helped me out many times before and I've had to let them down because Disney are incapable of running a website correctly. You've got 3 pins, 1 of which you're going to sell. Presumably you're going to sell it for £7 then?

It's always been 2 per order. Believe me. I've had to place multiple orders in the past to get pins for friends that can't get onto the site (always at cost price to them). It's never been an issue before. The only reason it is now is because they messed up and too many were ordered.

Is that how much they are ? Then I will start it at such . I do have to cover shipping from the UK . Presuming I even get all three . Remember I'm taking the CMs word that her order got fulfilled . The same CM's that messed up . I didn't pay anything for the two I promised out and not that I have to explain, but they are promised out for fair trades . I owe money to one member for getting me two pins from DSF , we are knocking $26.00 off toward the pins and I will owe him $14.00 more .
How did I get them for free ? Well I really didn't , but did, my friend has a handicapped son that I love dearly . He's in a wheelchair . He loves Peter Pan . I sent him a Peter Pan POMP ( retails now $45.00 and up ) , a Peter Pan vault pin, a Peter Pan Vinylmation and a Peter Pan mystery mickey icon pin . He traded me back with these two Rapunzel pins .
My other friend got me one at Trafford Square Mall for which I will pay her for the pin & shipping to here . I may keep it , I may sell it . Good enough explanation !!!

Last edited:
It's 2 per guest, same as here in the US . The reason why at the D23 expo with the Disney Designer pins . That wives took their husbands, sisters, brothers, moms, dads, etc . Too buy extra sets ! The Disney Designer princess dolls changed everything online and at stores to prevent this sort of thing from happening .
Doom , if you got yours as you only tried ordering 2 , then Debbie should get mine .

Actually I got one for my collection. If my order goes through I will have 2 for my friends. So not sour grapes. It's getting tiring hearing constantly about greed. People aren't focusing on the real problem, which is Disney's incompetence. Whether quoting the CM or not, the way your message came across is as though you think greed is the problem.

I wasn't interested in a full blown explanantion of where your pins are going or the whys or wherefores, I was making the point that you were talking about greed in the UK and then stating you had 3 on the way (hopefully).

It's 2 per guest, same as here in the US . The reason why at the D23 expo with the Disney Designer pins . That wives took their husbands, sisters, brothers, moms, dads, etc . Too buy extra sets ! The Disney Designer princess dolls changed everything online and at stores to prevent this sort of thing from happening .
Doom , if you got yours as you only tried ordering 2 , then Debbie should get mine .

Actually a friend has it in black and white, from an e-mail from Disney themselves, that it's 2 per order, not 2 per guest. She asked this question last year.

In the stores it's 2 per guest per day, not online (although they have now seemngly changed this to suit the situation).

Anyway, I won't comment again. I've had enough of all the misinformation and bickering that's been going on all day about this situation. I'm pretty much at the point where I don't care whetehr we continue getting pins in the Uk or not now.

Yes, hopefully, is right ! And as I said, I was repeating what a CM said to my friend . You came at me as if I said it . I'm making a Rapunzel pin picture for my grand daughters room . So I probably will keep it . I was being sarcastic on selling them . I think its ridiculous , that I'll pay, what USD $25.00 possibly with shipping to here ? And others sell it for triple and more . I had a fit when the Designer Princess pins were being sold for over $100.00 each , when 10 sold for $200.00 . I get what you are saying and glad you got your 2, hopefully as well .
Remember the hype over the last UK LE 500 Rapunzel pin . I traded it at the NJ pin event for the D23 Lion King pin that my son wanted as we thought it was ugly . I ended up at the same event trading something for a Rapunzel DLPR pin LE 400 . That was much prettier . This one looks nice !

Last edited:
I dont see how people are breaking the rules etc as Tanya stated she was trying to help people out. I was one of those people she was trying to help so rest assured not everyone is in this for profit.

well I would have to say good luck to get 3 of the tangled pin as you will no doubt have more than alot of the UK stores had on release day.

Well, I guess I'll just give up on getting one of these. I'm not paying an unreasonable price for one and my friend wasn't able to get them. So I'll just wait a year or two and the price will come down or I'll be able to trade.

I'm not arguing ! Stating a fact that was the old year, this is the new . I was a CM here in the states before I went back to teaching and we had a meeting on the 2 per guest/order . It started with the nightmare of the designer dolls online !

I explain what I'm told by a friend that I have no idea whether they were covering their butt or what and get told off for it . I help people here out all the time, whenever I can . I may or may not get 3 . If I do yay for me and 2 friends that have been more than generous to me . I'm done in this thread ! Going to post my feedback and onto happier threads .

If you really want to talk greed then look at the auction site - almost 20 of the pins (that 6-7%) of the edition size is already being sold for 400% profit, but that is driven by the demand for this particular pin & this point in time

Customer services have confirmed that one order will be honored (re my earlier post) - it was also mentioned that some guests tried to place a second order because there was a lack of confirmation for the first order - no confirmation e-mail, payment shown as pending etc etc - a legitimate mistake.

From statistics there was a peak of some 1000+ people trying to place an order at the same time - the web-site quite clearly states "Guests may only purchase a maximum of 2 of this Limited Edition Pin" - not per order, per IP address, per household - but per guest, the tying down to IP address can be & maybe done to ensure equality, but also consider that each guest lives in one house which should be linked to one debit/credit card & is possibly using one PC to make an order in a 10 minute (or less) window then it all stacks up & Disney are within their rights to refuse a second, third order. The fact that the web-site could not handle the demand should show them that they need to investigate, recalling pins from stores is probably the only way that they can satisfy the influx of orders & minimize the number of disappointed people who ordered on-line & do not have a selected store near them

The pins will be great trading ammunition to perhaps get that elusive grail, there are a number of members on this forum that would give their right arm for this pin some are being helped out for their respective good-will actions previously, some will wait until the interest dies down a little, at the end of the day if someone wants the pin now then they will do what they have to do to get it - an interesting dilemma which forces the price & trade value up which is where I started this post!

No, antasia , 2 of them are promised out here to members that have done favors for me !!! The one I was keeping I'm putting up for sale . So, how is this greed ?

No worries, you are one of the least greedy people I know! You volunteered to get me one, and I really appreciate you for that :) Glad we are both getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back