• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Studio Store On-Line Sale Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Studio Store On-Line Sale Question

TammyH

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I didn't know if this is the correct place for this question. If not, sorry...

I was hoping to do the on-line purchase of the Pirates pins today. From what I saw, it said the instructions would be posted to their Facebook page...?? how does that work? Will it be a link? Do I have any chance of getting a pin? Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you!

TammyH

Yes, a link will be posted on the Facebook page. I learned two things from the last release: 1) read the instructions on the linked page carefully since it can be confusing about what information you should enter, and 2) even if it says the pins are sold out, KEEP TRYING. The system only holds orders for a limited time, so if people fail to enter their credit card within the time frame, their pins are released again. Last time, people were still getting pins two hours after the initial release.

Thank you for the info! I'm at work today, so my internet connection is MUCH better/faster than at home. :) I'm hoping I can get some pins. Do you know if I would be allowed to purchase 2 of any design/pin? My MIL wants one of the same that I do and I was hoping to get it for her (as a Thank You for being a GREAT MIL). TIA

TammyH

Nevermind... Just saw a post on Facebook saying that it is 1 per email address. :)

Last edited:
I just got pins at about noon central time. I hit the link on the Facebook page at 11:10 am. and was told that the website was at capacity and that my request would be resubmitted. The little circle of lines just kept on rotating, but sure enough the page to buy pins popped up and I bought three: the Marquee, the Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl. I had my credit card all ready and things went smoothly. I missed out on the surprise LE 150 pin, but I am not sure I even liked it.

Uggg... I did get 3 pins, but missed out on 2 I wanted. I got:[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Jack Sparrow Emblem, [/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Jack Sparrow Offset, and [/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal, Segoe UI, Segoe WP, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]The Silent Mary Emblem. Missed out on the Black Pearl and the Marquee. I was even on RIGHT when it released. I got to the screen where you start (past the "holding" screen), and 5x received an error when I hit continue (of course it wasnt right away -- the error happened 30 seconds later or so). Each time it happened, I had to start over again...

I'm not sure how I feel about the on-line releases so far. While I'm happy it allows me to even have a chance at the pins (being from Ohio), it seems the site has issues and is not equipped to handle the volume of requests (and yes, I work in IT and understand the infrastructure -- Whoever runs the site needs to get their act together).

O, well. It's all good. :)

TammyH
[/FONT]

I love the on line sale It always works great for me...Was able to score 2 sets and 2 surprise pins.

I like the online releases too. Was able to get some pins today and got the Big Hero 6 last time. Could have gotten more pins last time, probably, if I had stayed online. It is great for people like me, who do not live in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back