• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Villain dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Villain dolls

Diavolo

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was searching for a thread but wasn't able to find it, so openned the new one. Would like to know if there's anyone else collecting just the 'bad guys'? Which dolls you got and are the biggest pride in your collection?

For me that's Maleficent, doll made by Mattel back in 1998.

I was collecting villain dolls, but now I only collect Maleficent (in addition to Alice) due to budget and room limitations. My prized one is definitely the 17" one which should arrive tomorrow( I've been waiting FOREVER for them to make her), but I also love the designer one. I still prefer and buy villain merchandise, however, because I love a good villain!

The villains got me into designers. I only collect DS releases, so for me there aren't enough villains to make my collection villain-exclusive, but I definitely have a special place in my heart for the villains. Tremaine got me into the Heirloom dolls. She's the pride of non-DAC dolls.

Good thread! Maybe if we express enough love, the gatekeepers will pump out some more dolls. I wish so bad we could see some Facilier merch--which will never happen, I know. We still need a Queen Grimhilde heirloom doll first (and Cruela of course)

My collection mainly started off with villains since I was young. But as the years went on I collected more Princesses as well. Cruella and Maleficent were the main two Villains I collected with some Evil Queen as well. Princesses I'm much more selective about who or what I get, seeing as there is WAY more merchandise for them. However, I'll usually get my hands on any villains merchandise I can find no matter who or what it is. My first ever designer doll was Cruella and I am most proud of her, however now that I have a LE 17" Maleficent she comes pretty darn close.
Unfortunately when the 17" and Villain Designer dolls came out I didn't have a full time job so I couldn't afford many of them (hence why I only have Cruella and Mother Gothel from the designer collection). But my goal is to soon buy the rest of the villains series. The only villains LE 17" dolls I own are Ursula and Maleficent, so I would love to own the rest one day as well.

Maleficent is my #1. I love the Designer Villain, but didn't like the 17" at all, so I didn't buy her. I have the Maleficent they released at Disney Parks in 99 I think, and still trying to track down the Mattel one that won't break the bank.

I am a huge fan of the Disney villains. While I love Disney in general and collect from many different Disney films, I have always loved the villains and have a very special place in my heart for them. Maleficent is easily hands down my favorite villain and she is one of the main things I collect Disney-wise. The 17 inch Maleficent doll was the very first 17 inch doll I have ever bought and she is probably the pride and joy of my small collection (ever since I got her, I can't stop staring at her haha). There are so many villains that I love that I could probably make my entire collection based around villains if I wanted to, but I barely can afford what I have already as it is.

Last edited:
Obvs Mal is no. 1 for many of us. For me all started with movie doll and that just made me realize how much I enjoyed a cartoon character, so since then I got 17" one and Mattel one, which is hands down, the best there is when it comes to acc to cartoon. Also got Cruella from Mattel and Evil Queen.
Character I would like to see in doll form next is Yzma. She is amazing. Reminds me of Cruella a bit.

I also started collecting disney dolls with the designer villains! I fell in love with Cruella and decided to purchase them all! I quickly purchased Evil Queen off ds.com and actually ended up buying off ebay for first time since I had already missed Maleficent!
The Designer Villains were the start of a very expensive designer and 17" doll collection for me so I will always give credit to the wickedly awesome villains :)
Can't wait to get some guys in the limited edition doll world! Maybe next year with Aladdin we could get Jafar :) ;-)

WOW. Jafar would be amazing!
By the way, my villain collection is growing and it seems it won't stop any time soon. I'm sad I missed Cindys step mother, but maybe they'll release the new one after the movie and this time with Lucifer! Also would love to see evil sister's as a designer couples.

I am also a fan of the Disney Villains, and until this year, I had all of the DS 17" LE dolls and the Designer Villains, as well as assorted 12" DS play dolls (to fill in the gaps for the non-Designer doll villain characters), and some of the earlier released 12" collector dolls (1990s Mattel Great Villains Maleficent, Queen Grimhilde, and Ursula & the Disney Parks Cruella, Jafar, and Captain Hook). I sold off my 17" LE Lady Tremaine earlier this year, as she was just not a doll I connected with, so my DS Villain doll collection has a gap in it.

The Designer Villains were the first DS collector dolls that I ever deboxed and modified to my taste, and I have no regrets. I took this picture of my 12" DS dolls on Halloween this year to commemorate the love I have for the villains:

Shivatopia's Disney Villains Halloween 2014
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Lovely group and the best part is you have no regrets, that is all that matters !! I am super new to disney designer dolls and I only have Ms. Queen of Hearts BUT I was completely impressed by how well she was packaged compared to some other doll collections I have. I am trying to learn all there is to know about my recent obsession and patiently waiting to see what is in store for 2015. Can not wait !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back