• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Villain Lithographs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Villain Lithographs

kimbyanne

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have the set of Disney Villain lithographs which I found to be quite easy to buy on the Disney UK site (I heard they sold out really fast in the US) - although they did sell out a few days after I ordered.

I had planned to get them framed but after getting some quotes I may be rethinking as it is very expensive. I am now considering selling them because it seems such a waste for them to be sat in my cupboard. I really only got them because I wasn't planning on buying all the dolls so the lithographs were a sort of "make do" item. However when the remaining three dolls I was missing were reduced to £24.99 I got them so now I have the full set.

Do you think they are something worth hanging on to or should I just sell them on now?

I think it really depends on a few factors, the most important being whether or not you have enough room for them on your walls. After that, it comes down to the affordability of the framing and whether or not you want to look at the designs on a constant, regular basis. I have the Villain lithographs, too, and someday I would love to have them put into frames for display.

I agree that custom framing can be pricey. I bought a set of four beautiful watercolor art pieces in China, which probably cost me all of $10 US total. The frames & matting cost me about $60 US for each painting. Needless to say, these are hanging on my wall, and I do not regret paying to have them put into frames them at all.

Personally, I would keep the lithographs, because some of the designs are actually better than the dolls (esp. Maleficent & Queen of Hearts).

I have the lithographs too but I'm going to frame them myself. I've done it before and it's actually quite easy, much cheaper too. There's loads of info online if you need help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back